Fines for no. plates and not wearing seatbelts

WallaceGlanza

Member +
As of today the fines for having an illegal number plate and not wearing a seatbelt have increased from £30 to £60, just a heads up for everyone as I know I've been stung for the number plate before but it will be nastier now if caught....:holdit:

Last edited:

Paton

Member +
my mate got shafted the other week for it, fuckin shite he's never even had a warning for it or anything. They were ridiculously small characters but he only bought the car about 2 weeks before and didn't really know.

Think his fine was £30.

I got stop checked at a cruise aswell and they were tryin to measure the plates but they were out by a millimeter or somethin so didn't really bother.

smythy75

Member +
6 point harnesses sir, is that ok! lol, remember we are allowed 13x7 plates, dave zb posted up a law thing on it

stuart

Member +
I got done £30 for number plate couple of weeks ago, wasn't stopped by police or anything, just got a letter through the door!

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
my mate got shafted the other week for it, fuckin shite he's never even had a warning for it or anything. They were ridiculously small characters but he only bought the car about 2 weeks before and didn't really know.

Is he blind, or stupid? Ignorance isn't innocence!

wee-jo

Member +
What about the actual jap plates? Can you get fined for replacing the normal plates but displaying the original plates in the front + back window?

Mike D EP82

Member +

Think his fine was £30.

I got stop checked at a cruise aswell and they were tryin to measure the plates but they were out by a millimeter or somethin so didn't really bother.

i got checked at falkirk cruise last night in my civic coupe. its not an import but iv got import plates on it but they said nothing. stupid dicks

where a mate of mine nearly got 6 points and £120 for his front tints????

Rumel786

Member +
im pretty sure i saw a thread a month or so about someone who got a £30 fine for displaying the jap plate & proper plate in back window.....

Mike D EP82

Member +
What about the actual jap plates? Can you get fined for replacing the normal plates but displaying the original plates in the front + back window?

your meant to be fined as if its not an import or even if you can fit uk plates on the car then you should have them on

danb87

South East England Area Rep
i spoke to a trafic copper last night at purley meet, an he was tellin me the law had changed now, if you get caught not wearing a setbelt it£60 fine plus 3 points. bit extreme reli aint it

stuart

Member +
i spoke to a trafic copper last night at purley meet, an he was tellin me the law had changed now, if you get caught not wearing a setbelt it£60 fine plus 3 points. bit extreme reli aint it

Not really...... I look at it at the fact, shit £60 fine as I was too stupid to put my seatbelt on, will deffo make me realise to put it on, as if I don't I have a silly high % liklihood that I'll die in an accident if I don't have it on?

Seatbelts are there for a reason, and if you get fined £60 for not wearing one, then its your own daft fault.

Mike D EP82

Member +
ah but it should be upto you. if you dont wear it its your risk to take. sometimes people could have come out a car crash better off if they werent wearing a seat belt yet old cars before a certain year dont require them, but they are stilll driving on the road so how does that work?? The law is f****d aswell as this country

addz

Member +
I know wearing a seat belt is mandatory in any modern vehicle BUT persoanlly i believe it should be upto the owners own discretion. Don't come back with an argument about it, mate sam, fortunate enough he wasn't wearing a belt - thankfully he's still here today to that reason, he would have gone if he was buckled up. Works both ways, as humans we know that.