fitting number plate with FMIC

si-87

Member +
Hi, whats the best way to fit the number plate after installing a front mount intercooler, don't really want to make holes in the bumper :confused: thanks

glanzanut

Lifer
this is what i did mate and i think it works well. got it done with proper reflective backing and the right font its a sticker and i have never had any trouble off the cops
DSCF1092.jpg

Mike_ep91

Member +
if ya dont want to drill into the bumper get yourself some velcro stuff outta halfords or sumthin and stick one side to the bumper and one side to the plate and away ya go..had it done on mine awhile now and never falls off

Dave.

Member +
I'd move it out of the way of the FMIC at all costs :)

Even if it ends up over a foglight or something, its not the end of the world.

I bought a UK style plate though, and fitted if directly below the FMIC on the bit of the bumper that was left :)

Dave

rob300zx

Member +
Mine was originally held on by double sided tape which did the job fine, but decided to add abit of security to the number plates and added anti theft screws which can be bought from halfrauds believe it or not :).

tmpphpKvXmOo.jpg

GTdan

In The Closet
thanks for this, i have an ep82, with a fmic, and number plate is right in the middle of it, need to get it moved!

Blak_Mamber

Member +
I made a bracket up for mine and relocated to the side. But my plate is fairly small so you can still see the fog light etc.

Nwimie

Member +
i made a bracket and tapped 2 little holes into my splitter but i do need to do something better as the plate is held to the bracket with gaffa tape lasted 10 months so far tho :]]

infact a job for the weekend as my new engine mounts might shake it loose haha

Jay

Admin
Cableties. Legal font, square plate and shifted to the passengerside.

Will do the job till my new bumper arrives.

si-87

Member +
Thanks for all the replies i already have a square plate, will just see which of the suggestions works best for me and hopefully all is good,:)

Fro

Member +
Nice looking V mate :)

Dave

Just what i was thinking!

Mine is cable tied to the passenger side of the bumper but its also cut down pretty small.

Ive got new import size plates (need that size to fit on the back) but i might put a standard size square one on the front cause i was told you are going to start getting points for dodgy/wrong sized numberplates soon?

this is what i did mate and i think it works well. got it done with proper reflective backing and the right font its a sticker and i have never had any trouble off the cops
DSCF1092.jpg

I'm lookin to do the same on my TOMS bumper.
Where did you get that made? would it take the paint off if you had to remove it.

aaronw

Member +
P1000505.jpg

mine is the advance, its legal size,as it eas like this when i got it....
DSC00166.jpg

its on with a bracket that makes it sit paralell with the front of the car.

Fishy89GT

Banned
I've got a bike sized stick on. cost me 10 quid. won't peal decent paint off as its a vinyl.

or just don't have one. 30 quid fine for no number plate and the same fine for having an illegal one.