Fmic Or Emanage

sx_turbo

Lifer
hi guys i'm thinking of getting a 1000 loan out to buy some bits for my car,

i have on the list

TRD engine mounts
Toby mild steel mani
Dave burwash stainless decat

now with the remainder of the money, i am unsure whether i should get an Autobahn FMIC, or a greddy emanage?

what do you guys reckon?

at the mo i am running 1bar boost on an rx7 tmic, standard mani and cat, with an Apexi SAFC.

Dane_Bristol

Member +
If it were my choice i would get the FMIC and then go up to the tunner and get all the goodies mapped on the SA-FC. Just my opinion.

sx_turbo

Lifer
hmm thats what i was thinking then i was thinking, maybe getting a better tune would be more beneficial, hmmmmm

Dave.

Member +
i'd get the FMIC, then save like hell, and get an emanage (whenever you can afford it) and have it setep on the car :)

just my opinion...

Adam_Glanza

Member +
my view would be dont be a lazy bastard and save up! no point getting a loan for that kind of money you would end up paying another 200 back on top as intrest!

sx_turbo

Lifer
my view would be dont be a lazy bastard and save up! no point getting a loan for that kind of money you would end up paying another 200 back on top as intrest!

it worked out to £75 interest, and these bits really need doing, my mounts have actually excessively worn, i can turn the boost down, and am really bored of not really being able to put my foot down

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
I reckon you should get the front mount and pay for the Le Mans trip where you can show it off!

Adam_Glanza

Member +
it worked out to £75 interest, and these bits really need doing, my mounts have actually excessively worn, i can turn the boost down, and am really bored of not really being able to put my foot down

o well if its only 75 quid intrest fuck it then go for it lol, definetly get the fmic first because you cant really map well on a tmic as previously said, and that way you can turn up boost to 1 bar safely too!

Kelly

Member +
I'd stay out of debt personnaly :)

same here.

i know its only 1k but what if stuff goes wrong after? and you need more money? this is how it all starts! i paid all my debts off and built them up again like a silly cow but now im sorted/sorting them. and they be gone soon.

i really would recommend just saving for anything and leave a loan for an emergancy! otherwise i would have a lovely fmic on mine too by now lol

sx_turbo

Lifer
same here.

i know its only 1k but what if stuff goes wrong after? and you need more money? this is how it all starts! i paid all my debts off and built them up again like a silly cow but now im sorted/sorting them. and they be gone soon.

i really would recommend just saving for anything and leave a loan for an emergancy! otherwise i would have a lovely fmic on mine too by now lol

the thing is thats not the problem, its the manifold thats the problem and i cant turn the boost down as i have a jam actuator, i also i really need the engine mounts, and the wages i'm on it will take me a year to save for them both so i may as well get a loan out and get everything done.

Kelly

Member +
well seems like you have thought about it enough then so you do what u need to do. but u need to promise not to get any more debt (cred card another loan etc) when u have this one going ok? :p:D

sx_turbo

Lifer
well seems like you have thought about it enough then so you do what u need to do. but u need to promise not to get any more debt (cred card another loan etc) when u have this one going ok? :p:D

lol yeah i promise,

to be fair on my part though i'm 22 and i have never had a loan, and i have not got or had any credit cards, i only have an overdraft which helps when the months get a bit tight.

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
Shop around for emanage, I just got the whole kit for less than £150. Some second hand, some brand new.