fuel leak!!!!!!!!!!

GTnomez

Member +
ok, i decided to take the car apart to fit my hks actuator. while i was down there i noticed the oil filter was easier to get to so i changed the oil filter. i got the actuator done and its at stock boost, havent changed it yet till i go on the RR. so i took the car home and went back out for a couple of hours, the car drove fine, no problems. the next day i got back from work and filled the car up and drove to the shops, once drove off and i could smell fuel so i pulled over and had a look under the car and noticed something dripping, i waited a sec and moved forward. i checked the spillage and it was oil aswell!!! i checked under the car again and could see two drips, one was fuel and the other was oil, i assume the oil was from the oil filter not tightened proply but why the fuel?? i dint touch anything fuel related, but i have a leak and cant think of what it is??

Dave.

Member +
Where is it dripping from for a start? Front/back? Where abouts exactly if you can see.

Dave

Dave.

Member +
Even the Fuel?

I can't think of anything fuel related over that side...

I'd check the fuel lines goines into the Fuel rail, and the fuel filter. Can't think of much else :-/

Oil is obv, just check the oil filter (also check you haven't cross threaded it) oh, and also the oil sump plug and washer.

Dave

GTnomez

Member +
my thoughts exactly, i didnt touch anything fuel related, i jusdt changed the oil filter and i know if its leaking it must be that. the fuel is leaking in the same place aswell, its separate to the oil, there were two seperate drips, one being fuel.

Dave.

Member +
Lets see what everyone else thinks about it, other than Fuel filter, or the lines going to the fuel rail and the oil filter/sump plug, its anyones guess :-/

Dave

sx_turbo

Lifer
i think the same as you dave.

if there was anything fuel related that side it would burn off before you noticed it.

you sure its fuel thats dripping?

what mods did you get setup on rolling road, as one of your injectors may have sprung a leak, or the rrfpr etc etc

GTnomez

Member +
i havent had the RR'd yet thats why ive left the actuator on stock,

im sure its fuel and its has a strong smell, i walked into the house and my moms goes bllody hell u stink of pertrol and my mate was walking past my car and text me to come outside to ask me why my car stinks of petrol!!

im frustrated!! i dont know what has caused it!!!! argh

Jay

Admin
Here's the fuel system so as you know where is it in the engine bay mate.

fuelinjectionsystemti9.jpg

Well worth running over the connections and ensuring they are all tight. I can remember a Honda I had split a fuel hose once and the smell was pretty mental.

GTnomez

Member +
call me stupid but i dont understand that!! i can see the fuel filter, the fuel rail, fuel pump

i suppose im going to have to check my connections on the fpr from the return tank and fuel rail........i dont know what would have caused this anyway?? i hate this guessing crap!!

weeJohn

Lifer
Mate this wont tell you where to look, but it might make tracing the fuel leak easier.

If you open the diagnostic plug, on the inside of the lid you will see a plan of the plug and what each pin is called. If you put a piece of wire, stripped about 5mm at each end, between the pibs B+ and FP the fuel pump will run without having to start your engine. It will start straight away and stop as soon as you remove it. You dont even need the keys in the ignition.

Its easier than searching round a running engine that is getting hot, and you can remove things to get better access to other things.

nexia201

Member +
had this problem but only after taking off the fuel rail to paint it ant the seals on the injectors broke a bit but if thats the problem you would see yhe fuel running around the injectors

GTnomez

Member +
got it sorted guys thanks for the info though, as it was dark last night i didnt have a look, but i checked it in the morn and all it was a hose from the return line had come loose and the oil leak was the excess oil that had been caught in a groove when i changed the oil filter but thanks guys