getting fed up ................

sx_turbo

Lifer
hi people

as u are all aware my GT got written off a while ago now.

I have now started my mission to find a new starlet gt .

although there is 1 BIG problem.

there only seems to be shit out there.

I am really surprised at the lack of qaulity examples available. There was a few that i have seen that looked nice on the outside, but when looking at the list of modifications, things didnt quite match up, i.e 1bar with an FCD and no other mods.

im now at the point after 5 weeks of looking am starting to think i'm destined not to have a starlet GT.

there seems to be a lot of glanza's about at the mo but there not really my cup of tea.

just wondering if any one else has noticed this?

Elaine

Lifer
Ricky dont loose heart something will come along!!

My mate Ross is looking for a silver one and he keeps hitting a brick wall. Its the wrong time of year to be looking really.

But something till come along!!!

parkiboy

Member +
i know what you mean, i am currently helping someone find a nice glanza, alot of the modded ones are not modded correctly, i.e. i saw a glanza with a CT12 turbo running 1.2 bar on standard tmic :p

thomllee1981

Member +
i had noticed this to ricky,

i struggld to find 1 in the end i settled on the 1 got because it cheap in as good shape as the rest and hadnt been modded.

its a waiting game or take 1 that isnt quite right and get it sorted out like i am doing.

Adam_Glanza

Member +
your always gonna get the ones done wrong and it will be harder to find a proper example outside the forum.

maybe itll be best to try be patient and wait till someone off the site sells up

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Banned - DO NOT BUY FROM TOYTUNING
Ricky, we could have got one here for you by now! I know what you mean though the market is absolutely flooded with cars that are rather dubious, from traders and private sellers.

A lot of people buy them, rag them, don't look after them, they start to go wrong, they then say there "unreliable" which is simply not true and sell them. I know your in a hurry but careful planning now with ensure an easier ride than your last one. We have a grade 4 Glanza about to arrive, 3 days and it's in very good condition. Grade 4 for a 10 year old car is bloody good and testament to the quality that we bring in, no sheds here like some!

T

Monkfish

Member +
I've always thought the GT's were more readily available as there are likely to be more of them. Importing laws mean you won't get anything in from Japan newer than S plate ('98) at the moment so that's only 2 years worth of cars compared to ~10 years with the GT.

Perservere with it and be patient, something will come up. You have the advantage in that you know the car and won't be suckered in by bullshit. You could always ask Toby. I'm always wary about importers, but he'd shoot himself in the foot if he fucked a TGTT member about.

You could always buy mine, but she is a Bitch :homer:

sx_turbo

Lifer
toby,

there wasnt any gt's, there only seemed to be good glanza's. thing is glanzas just arent my cup of tea. i wouldnt mind one they are nice, just i think gt's are really special.

also im not in a hurry, just the longer it takes me to find a car the longer you gotta wait to have mine.

my point in this thread was that in 5 weeks of looking, i have only found 1 thats worth veiwing, and that needs a fair bit of tlc to the outside.

sx_turbo

Lifer
@ monkfish- i did ask toby, and he will agree that there really isnt many decent gt's left in japan. (also im being picky with this one)

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Too right Mikey although don't forget a lot of importers are buying 98/99 plates and registering them as 96/97, very naughty. That 1997 we have coming in is just allowed as it was made in October 1997 which makes her 10 yrs and 2 months, what a youngen!

We certainly try are absolute best, for instance that White one we imported with the TRD clutch and JUN flywheel wasn't balanced correctly in Japan, very hard to tell until you get in some traffic. Instead of selling as is we spent over £350.00 getting her re-balanced. A small price to pay to ensure there are no long term problems but this is the attitude you need to have.

Whatever route you take Ricky I'm sure you've learnt the woes by now! :)

T

Toby@ToyTuning.com

There were not any that week no but we need to search through many average examples to find an exceptional car. I don't want to import a grade 3 for you as there generally tatty, 3.5 is getting better but ideally I want to find you a grade 4 which can take a little time.

I'll keep on the hunt for you don't worry..

T

Monkfish

Member +
@ monkfish- i did ask toby, and he will agree that there really isnt many decent gt's left in japan. (also im being picky with this one)

I guess they're all over here then :p

Bit of a shitter though. I'm not sure what to suggest really. You could buy one that's mint and pay top dollar, or you could buy one that is knowingly fucked for peanuts and pay a small fortune to get the problems fixed. Either way, you never really know what you are getting.

Daft question, have you tried www.Pistonheads.com? There have always been loads of GT's and Glanza's on there. :)

sx_turbo

Lifer
yeah thats where i seen most of the shitters.

@ toby- ive been checking the auctions everyday, and there has been a couple of grade 3.5 gt's with low mileage, but they were black, and bog standard.

im just being picky cos i want a body kit on it lol

Last edited:

parkiboy

Member +
yeah thats where i seen most of the shitters.

@ toby- ive been checking the auctions everyday, and there has been a couple of grade 3.5 gt's with low mileage, but they were black, and bog standard.

im just being picky cos i want a body kit on it lol

have you seen the one akki has for sale?

sx_turbo

Lifer
have you seen the one akki has for sale?

yes and im very un impressed with it.

i am going to look at 1 sham has for sale, but im sceptical about bits of the bodywork.

while im here though i must give sham and toby a big shout for being very helpful.

p-nut

Member +
i know it might be a bit more hassle, but if you're really intent on getting one, you shud try looking at some over here in ireland aswel. Try http://www.carzone.ie, and if they're near enough i'm sure you could get one of the irish members to go check it out for ye if theyre near it. I wouldn't mind helping out at all.

sx_turbo

Lifer
i was thinking of bophilip's gt as that is a minter, but getting there and bringing it back is a right pain, i might have a look though, see whats there, it may well be worth it, if its perfect.

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Ricky there is a grade 4 on there at the mo, just over 50,000 miles on the clock. Yes it's stock but it's in top condition, can you not put some of your old parts on there.

Here is a classic example of the crap people import:

100143.jpg

Looks great in the picture right? It's an R grade, crash repaired and has over 100,000 miles on the clock. It's also a 1998 so they re-register them here as 1997 to avoid the SVA. I shouldn't have posted this as no doubt if I hadn't someone would have imported and sold it as a "MINT" car with 45,000 miles on the clocked speedo :p

T