Glanza Rear wiper - Help

SupaStu

Member +
May seem simple, but how do you get the wiper arm off?!!

I have lifted the plastic cap and then undone the 10 mm nut that holds it on, i though the wiper arm would easy come off, but it wont budge!!

Any ideas, as i dont want to damage the motor etc.

Thank guys.

Johnny_C

Lifer
get a cloth,get a screwdriver,and try and pryz it off.use the cloth to protect paintwork against the srcewdriver!
wd40 wud help.

SupaStu

Member +
Cheers lads. I didnt have any wd40 handy, so i put some oil on it, and it still didnt budge, went for a walk with my dogs, came back and tried it again, it just fell off in my hand lol. It was a little rusty inside.

Sorted!!

davehart

Member +
I'm having the same problem with mine, the fuckers wedged on there tight as. more than likely rusted on.

Left it for a bit before I broke something, not one for patience with little tasks like that. I shall WD40 the bugger up then try it again in a few hours.

John757

Member +
Give it a few gentle knocks to the side with a rubber ended hammer. Mind the paintwork though. Had it off in about a minute doing this. Now does anyone know how to remove the black threaded thing that the big nut sits on outside the car. Ive had the motor off as it doesn't work, all i need is that black thread to put on the new motor! Any ideas? Spent ages trying yesterday, even with good old Wd40 :(

John757

Member +
We unscrewed the big outer nut....but there was no thread on the new wiper motor to attach the nut back on too, so I'll have to take black thread off the busted motor and press it back over the new motor and then I should be able to screw the nut back on. But the black thing won't budge! lol

rb69

Member +
i just had the same problem, i was tugging at it and it wouldnt budge. Then just came off in my hands

Oh really! Haha!!!

If anyone is removing a wiper arm permanently I'm after buying one if there are any spare?