Greddy TD05 flange same as K24/K26 ?

Aga

Member +
as far as i know the greddy td05 (16G) has a triangle flange

Last edited:

Aga

Member +
i just corrected my post, i was talking about the 16 G... yes the flange looks like the t-25 type flange which is used by the k24 ....and greddy td04. are you sure you want to buy this specific turbo? have you studied its characteristics if thats what you need. there are lots of td05's out there...

Killamats

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.toyotagtturb
as Aga said, the TD05-16g,td05h-16g and td05h-18g have a triangle flange. they won't on a Sard manifold.

Dane_Bristol

Member +
Hey Aga,

Well to be honest with you, i am trying desirately hard to find the turbo that will be me the desired bhp but still keeping it a 4e. My plan was to get the k26 but sourcing one is very hard so was looking into other options like the TD05 16g but to be honest i am not farmilier with these turbos shed some light please bud ?

dantheman

Member +
ive got a td04 hybrid, its a td04 bored out with td05 16g shaft, comp wheel and turbine. only downside is you need to run at least 1.2/1.3bar for it to work effectively. if you dont plan on running that boost then a td04 is a better option, all depends what power you want really.

Aga

Member +
i just got a sard manifold for td05 , its right here beside me, i can post pics if u want, its got a triangle flange as i said. i dont know any stories about hybrids and other stuff , greddy has so many turbos to choose from that i dont grasp the "hybrid" concept myself.. :)

the td05-16G is good for max 360hp, i reckon running it around 1.5 bar will give you around 330hp on the fly... of course the car will be a bitch to drive, straightline racing only, and that only on slicks ,cause when it kicks in, it will spin, you can bet your ass on it, wherther 2nd or 3rd gear. that means that a good k24 starlet will own your ass around a racetrack, and on the quarter mile on street tires. anyhoo, if u want good prices on new turbos, nengun is a good bet, or else shop teiwa. and if you cant find a GOOD manifold, the sard i got here MAY be up for sale....

sx_turbo

Lifer
i was under the impression that cruise do a turbo kit for the 4efte engine, and that had a td05 bolted to it and the lag wasnt that bad.

there used to be a guy on the old forum from ireland who bought a glanza with this kit that had 300hp+ and i'm sure he said he had full boost by 3500rpm or summin. i think his name might have been insane or something but i not 100%