Had a test drive

Sami

Fresh Recruit
and i was put off!!!!!!!!!!

BUT...

the one i test drove was a standard gt turbo, didnt have a dump valve or even an exhaust... it really lagged when i put my foot down,

SO...

Im off 2 test another slightly more modified car next week & see how that goes.

:p

Adam_Glanza

Member +
youve got to expect a bit of lag in a turbo car, thats the difference there isnt instant power when you hit the throttle!

if your buying daves td04 car then trust me its a different ball game mate

ChrisGT

Member +
Lagged ? Somethings wrong then ... a standard Starlet would have no lag, like seriously, turbo starts to spool at a shade under 2.5k. Maybe something wrong with it? And no offence, if you drive a 206 GTi and find a Starlet slow you're lying and/or its got something wrong with it :p A friends got one, and well, its slow :p

Timmy

Member +
yeh it will up to 60-70 maybe 80.
But i also was dissappointed with the lach of feeling torque wise from my glanza. It didn't feel any faster than my previous car but the actual speedo said otherwise.

sx_turbo

Lifer
you sure you test drove it on high boost?

and i must admit when i first test drove a standard gt it felt very slow, so i went for one that was modded.

problem was the one i got wasnt modded properly and the engine went on me, so be careful.

sometimes its best to start standard and mod yourself.

thats what i done with my second gt

Dan3SGTE

Member +
i think a stock starlet feels like a quick little motor... mine standard was anyway and others ive driven feel quick too....

and lag is very minimal to be honest..... then again the 180HP GTI's are well responsive motors.....

ChrisGT

Member +
When I test drove mine I thought it was bloody fast ! And it was basically stock bar filter and exhaust ... seems a lot slower these days, getting used to it I guess. 1Bar should liven things up a wee bit ! lol

dac69er

Super Moderator
a stock one is still pretty nippy. but 1 bar and the relevant mods and they are alot more lively ;)

Dan3SGTE

Member +
300hp is a bit hard to get bored with although i was getting used to it when it was on the road.... bring on the 28, really cant wait!

I second that motion! Bought mine modified 2 months later bent crank piston rings and head gasket! Worst part of it all was the wait on the new engine from japan. Get a good inspection done to a modified one.

Sami

Fresh Recruit
Yeah my brother brought a modded 1 and the head gasket went on that... hence y i wanted a standard 1 which cowboys aint played about with.

My 206 is the 130bhp not the 180 unfortunatly,

My mate is also an AA man so ill b draggin him with me 2 have a look at what ever i get. iv seen a lovely one @ jap imports in leigh on sea... has ickle eyebrows :D haha

Im just gonna take my time with what i buy... and make sure its ok if it has mods.
im goin 2 try get a bank loan so ill have the cash to buy 1 - 1 of you guys might be selin me a car :D

Aidan-G

Member +
i bought mine when it was running a bar on a ct9:)hadnt one problem with it what so ever!the last owner was on here...it was well looked after:)

i remember when i baught my first glanza..i taught it was bloody quick!lol

Adam_Glanza

Member +
really think it depends wat you drove before you get it,

i had a 1.4 fiesta before my glanza so it felt like a rocket before!

if you go from a 206 gti it isnt gonna feel so fast 2 start with