Having Problems with performance.

Fresh Recruit
hello, i just swaped 4e-fte in my Daihatsu GTxx, i m facing certain problems:
1. I m using 2e-te Dizzy Cap all timings are fix first i was having missing now its perfectly fine but still when when i give thorttle 2000 - 3000 rpm it misses then its perfect on High Rpms. Is this something has to do with dizzy cap or timing ? or its wiring ?

2. Second prob is i m not getting the boost i want, i mean turbo is giving full boost which stock 4e-tfe gives but performance is like shit, i m loosing from a gap of 3 - 4 cars from a Stock 4e-fte.

plz guys list as many problems as you can thing of, then i'll check them.

:gt-logo RULZ

speedvision

Member +
i would use a 4efte distributor and cap to suit and not 2ete one as i dont think its the same thing and get a proper set of leads to match and go from there

sam

Fresh Recruit
thanks mate i have 4efte distributor but i m using this 2ete dizzy cap.... ohkie anything y my boost comes low ? is this because of dizzy cover ?

Jay

Admin
The incorrect dizzy cap will need replaced to begin with mate, it's too big a question mark to ignore. Once this is replaced with a 4EFTE unit you can then move onto more detailed faultfinding (if the fault still remains).

Keep us posted,

Jay

Fresh Recruit
thanks jay ... today i installed a friends 4efte distributor cover i saw the performance, it was pretty good. i have ordered my 4efte cover, have sum tuning issues still. i'll work them up after i changed my dizzy cover.

Fresh Recruit
one more problem guys i felt today was average, i m really getting very extra ordinary bad average. what should i check ? whats a standard average of a
4efte ?