HDi Boost Controller gone wrong :S

ralphy

Member +
Hey guys,

Went down the a3 in guildford tonite for a bit of adjustment on my boost controler and went a bit wrong :(

Before changing began these were the following settings:

Low - 0.8bar

Hi - 1bar

When i went to change on the hi one it did not change and made it lower :( i then went back to low and that has gone crazy and is now running 1.5 :S i tried changing both settings and get no response!

I check all the cables and vaccum's and they look to be ok. Dont no what to do if anyone has the HDi Multi Functional boost controller and expieranced the same problems can you please let me kno or any guidance would be great cheers guys :D

Mike

Paddy

Lifer
i have an hdi, and its not great, there cheap bits of kit, better off replacing it woth a decent one e.g blitz, you wont get any problems with it then

addz

Member +
I'm sure there must be a way around it. Wait for a more technical reply related to your HDi boost controller. But as Paddy has said get something better, they are quite dire, but work well for some (not many that i've heard of) - invest in something reputable

ralphy

Member +
Yeahh Addz me and dan were looking at gizmo ones there the nuts but i have my insurance coming up !!

the thing is it was fine before we were adjusting all the time but now its gone crazy !!

addz

Member +
There has been, and more to come who had similar problems with HDi controllers. Once they've been tampered, they become intermittent and the likes. Wait for someone with a HDi controller as I know they can be a pain up the arse. Try setting it again, see if that helps

ralphy

Member +
Right guys took all my piping off and took off boost controller module and cleaned everything throughly and still controller isnt working :( !!

Going on the rolling road tmoz to see if we can find out the problem :S

Anyone have any ideas could a acuator cause this problem ?

Mike

ralphy

Member +
hmm yeahh ! but still changes between the two boost settings :S anyone recommened a good cheap one ?

Mike

Blak_Mamber

Member +
Gizmo are good mate. I'm using a blitz I-D boost controller and have to say its a fantastic bit of kit. Very easy to instal and has not let me down. Although it is £500 brand new lol.

clarkytrd

Member +
and im just about to go out and fit my nice blitz sbc i-d now....

they look super and look very handy to wire up too!

ralphy

Member +
Hmm i think i may get that i hear they are easy and are very reliable and thats what i need not this fancy stuff :)

addz

Member +
I've had a mate use Gizzmo controller, it was good, but packed up during the summer. He's now running Blitz and he's content with it

churcherj

Member +
gizzmo are really good mate, im running one at the moment and holds boost perfect everytime! extremely easy to wire/setup compared to others and does the job! looks cool aswell with the bright blue large readout :)