HDI FMIC........ awful to fit ep82

iamlegend

Member +
fitting my fmic so far and its just such of a tight space for the pipes to get threw doesnt fit correctly at all, first of all had to take my fan of and cut the metal what goes around the fan and its still even a tight push 2nd of all had to cut my battery holder bascialy half of it :confused:

just feels like its not a starlet fitment

this pipe is causing the problems:

03062009213.jpg

theres a nice big hole were it should go in the pic bottom right but doesnt want to
my fear now is its real close to my fan:(

has any 1 else had to any of these things i have??

cameroon95

Member +
fitting my fmic so far and its just such of a tight space for the pipes to get threw doesnt fit correctly at all, first of all had to take my fan of and cut the metal what goes around the fan and its still even a tight push 2nd of all had to cut my battery holder bascialy half of it :confused:

just feels like its not a starlet fitment

this pipe is causing the problems:

03062009213.jpg

theres a nice big hole were it should go in the pic bottom right but doesnt want to
my fear now is its real close to my fan:(

has any 1 else had to any of these things i have??

Pretty sure in the for sps sale section, dane has detailed that these are more difficult to fit to a gt

pc18

North West England Area Rep.
i fitted one to my ep85 and i did spend ages fitting it, i made my own brackets which is very easy and i only had to trim a small bit from behind the fog light on the passenger side. do you still have air con, if you dont get the cooler right back behind the crash bar, its really tight but it should go!

jimmy77

Member +
i fitted mine to my gt just lookd at danes help list and mine flew in all i needed to do was make 2 brackets up to hold the intercooler to the crash bar , jus baught 2 brackets from b&q. also had to cut the plastics under the arches was pritty easy , oo and butcher the front bumper lol

Blak_Mamber

Member +
i fitted mine to my gt just lookd at danes help list and mine flew in all i needed to do was make 2 brackets up to hold the intercooler to the crash bar , jus baught 2 brackets from b&q. also had to cut the plastics under the arches was pritty easy , oo and butcher the front bumper lol

lol not too much then.
Cant believe you have to go out and buy things to make this fit.... shouldnt be like that when buying a kit.
On the plus side, you probably loose like a few KG's by cutting & butchering the front half of the car :haha:

Fatman

Member +
It's a Glanza kit and is sold as such. The modifications required to fit to an EP82 are minor to say the least. No fan shroud/battery tray modifications are required. You will need to trim the underbody covers and some reasonable trimming of the bumper for the core + fabricate (or buy) some slightly longer L brackets to mount the core to the bumper support. It's not marketed as a bolt on kit for the EP82 for these reasons but it's well documented that it will work just fine.

From that photo you've managed to put it together the wrong way mate.. take a step back and take a photo of the entirety of the engine bay and I may be able to make a more constructive suggestion.

ktl

Member +
i fitted to my ep82 and that was easy. All i had to do was cut down each side of the bumper.And bend the p/s pipe. Did you make sure the core is central ?

pc18

Heres a pic of the front end on mine. this is an ep85 with the gt front end. i got mine to fit behind but it took quite a bit of work and the core does sit to the passenger side a bit, but i dont mind as i didnt want to remove the slats in the bumper.

PIC_0001-1.jpg

You cant really see the cooler, i couldn't get a better pic as theres no more room in the garage haha.

iamlegend

Member +
how did you not have to cut your bumper m8^^^^^^ i have had to butcher most of mine which is rediculis didnt relise had to cut that much off,
spent a whole day on this thought it was only going to take couple hours still havent finished as well the right handside of my bumper just isnt going to attatch. really pisssing me off:mad: any advice????
03062009219.jpg

heres the progress of today
03062009215.jpg

03062009217.jpg

when i started the car up aswell it was making a weird rattleing sound which didnt sound healthy at all:confused:

ktl

Member +
Its down to how you fit the core i guess. I didnt have to butcher my front bumper. Although i wanted the intercoler to be shown so cut the center bit out.

DSC02335.JPG

pc18

Ive probably spent 3 afternoons fitting mine. I see what you mean, ive fitted mine behind the crash bar, by cutting part of the support bar that connects to the bonnet catch then wedging the support onto the back of the crossmember where the lip on it is, so the catch still locks when you slam the bonnet. This alloys you to get the cooler sitting right back ontop of the lower cross member, and wedged under the crash bar, i also cut the splash guards as the pipes are at a different angle.

if you want any specific pics of certain bits mare let me know.

have a ratch through my photobucket theres a few pics in there that might help.

link

Yours looks cool ktl, i wanted mine more stealth though, and im going to get some black mesh to put infront.

iamlegend

Member +
It's a Glanza kit and is sold as such. The modifications required to fit to an EP82 are minor to say the least. No fan shroud/battery tray modifications are required. You will need to trim the underbody covers and some reasonable trimming of the bumper for the core + fabricate (or buy) some slightly longer L brackets to mount the core to the bumper support. It's not marketed as a bolt on kit for the EP82 for these reasons but it's well documented that it will work just fine.

From that photo you've managed to put it together the wrong way mate.. take a step back and take a photo of the entirety of the engine bay and I may be able to make a more constructive suggestion.

its defently the right way m8 what a job to fit thow lol

03062009212.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

pc18

must be the auto box causing the problems, that pipe on mine is pushed down right up against the lower rad hose. im sure you can still make it work just get the cooler mounted where you want it, then if the pipes dont quite line up wotk oput what you need and get the hosing or couplers of ebay. i bought a meter of silicon tubing to use some to connect the cooler up to the tdo4.

iamlegend

Member +
must be the auto box causing the problems, that pipe on mine is pushed down right up against the lower rad hose. im sure you can still make it work just get the cooler mounted where you want it, then if the pipes dont quite line up wotk oput what you need and get the hosing or couplers of ebay. i bought a meter of silicon tubing to use some to connect the cooler up to the tdo4.

managed to fit it all together now but my bumper just doesnt want to go on like in the pic ^^^^ right hand side of the bumper. yee that autobox pipe was a real pain had to take it off the brackets and really push it to a side. i started the car up and got this awful rattling sound i havent connected my bov yet since needing to get more pipe which is making it high idle alittle but shouldnt be causing it to make a high rattling sound

iamlegend

Member +
is there any bumper you can get for the GT that doesnt involve cutting becouse i feel my bumper is ruined now as for all this attacking to it looking abit shite, what about the mk1 or mk2 bumpers???