help just fitted walbro !!

turboloon

Member +
car was running fine prior to me fitting the walbro pump(bought it 2nd hand but it was never used by previous owner,it was brand new)any how fitted the pump and the car feels as though it is 'strangled' it kinda hesitates then it'll go,i have had the pump in and oot a few times checking connections etc checking for continuity every thing appears to be ok until i drive the car under load..:confused:

corofin12345

Member +
car was running fine prior to me fitting the walbro pump(bought it 2nd hand but it was never used by previous owner,it was brand new)any how fitted the pump and the car feels as though it is 'strangled' it kinda hesitates then it'll go,i have had the pump in and oot a few times checking connections etc checking for continuity every thing appears to be ok until i drive the car under load..:confused:

is that a more powerfull pump or wat.?

Pete EP82

Member +
Sounds like it could be a fuel pressure problem?......i could be wrong! Open to correction! Have you got a fuel pressure regulator fitted?

Jay

Admin
It's probably overfuelling but without properly measuring the fuelling you are only guessing - could be a faulty pump for all you know.

Check out the fuelling with a wideband mate, that'll tell you what is happening. Till then don't boost it in case it's not pumping properly.

poke

Member +
a friend bought one for his evo, a tuning company fitted it for him and he had the same problem as you are having he took it back to the company he bought it off and they said that 2 pumps previous where brought back cause it was a bad batch!!could be you got a bad one is it making a loud whining noise???

Jay

Admin
The walbros are meant to make excessive noise. It's a characteristic of fitting too big a pump for the job lol..

poke

Member +
i know ya was just the fella who got it fitted to his evo could barely hear any noise and it started spluttering so he took it out and they said it was a bad pump!!:)

Jay

Admin
would he not b better off upgrading injectors.. sounds like its starving for fuel but maybe not...?

Sounds like it's drowning itself with fuel but he needs to get someone with a wideband to check the air/fuel ratios and tell him what is happening.

poke

Member +
standard injectors would be ok,depending on what set up he is running?
maybe get a fuel pressure reg might sort it or get the pump checked see its not faulty!

corofin12345

Member +
rite-o... prob a good pump but why change something wen the stock one is already doin the job.. oh well.. joys of upgrading...

poke

Member +
i know mate your right there, myself i dont think they make much difference but if your going for big power its better to have it!!:)

corofin12345

Member +
i know mate your right there, myself i dont think they make much difference but if your going for big power its better to have it!!:)

oh ya def... one step at the time.. its funny. wen u upgrade something,something else needs upgrading.. never ending story but worth it....;)

Foggy

Member +
Sounds like it's drowning itself with fuel but he needs to get someone with a wideband to check the air/fuel ratios and tell him what is happening.

Would the standard fpr not stop this from happening?

Gryzor

Admin
switch back to stock until you
have some way to check the AFR
and
an adjustable rising rate fuel pressure regulator.

turboloon

Member +
the car is pretty standard just now,barring induction kit,fmic,and stainless steel exhaust,just waiting for my wepr mani coming from the group buy,so will be installing decat at same time and getting my emu installed/mapped not long after that,was loooking to just get one of the little jobs out of the way so hence why i installed the walbro.

sx_turbo

Lifer
it wont be overfuelling as the fpr takes care of that,

sounds like the pump is faulty, take it out and get your money back and buy a new one :)