Help Oil Return Burst

Glanza_graeme

Fresh Recruit
On My way home tonight the oil return from the turbo to the sump burst.....
then i heard an increses in engine noise and bang it died on me once again...is that my engine totally nakered again or what????

TurboDave

Member +
Ahh nightmare I done the same a few months ago luckily I stopped before it lost much oil and I seen it dripping.

Did it just cease up?

speedvision

Member +
On My way home tonight the oil return from the turbo to the sump burst.....
then i heard an increses in engine noise and bang it died on me once again...is that my engine totally nakered again or what????

ur line burst and all the oil drained out..the noise u are hearing is the bottom end gone ..lack of oil will damage the bearings and mess up the crank....

sam

dantheman

Member +
probably means it just split.

depends how long it was leaking, if he carried on driving whilst it pissed all its oil out then yeah its probably dead now lol

dac69er

Super Moderator
just seems odd. my car is a 91 and all the hoses are more or less like new. not brittle at all and have alot of flex in them still!

dantheman

Member +
you should get an uprated return pipe, we sell the piping at my work, heat recent heavy duty stuff. will never split again :)

dantheman

Member +
silicone pipes arent really well suited for oil return pipes as you cant tighten the clips up properly on them as theyre very slippery with oil on them.

we use rubber pipe which has a woaven heat resistant material coating. il try get some pics :)

Jay

Admin
Noticed a bit of oil seeping from the one on the trackcar too. That hose is also a prime target for debris and other impact damage due to it's location.

The reinforced piping would be a worthwhile investigation.

Glanza_graeme

Fresh Recruit
the pipe wasnt brittle atall it just split on the turbo side. i never noticed as i was motorway driving. the cars just been rebuilt aswell, the mani was the first thing to go rng when it craked. im really pissed off the engine wont turn over or start :(

Matt_Seicentos

Member +
Something for everyone to keep their eyes open for.

I agree, mine split on saturday but wasn't loosing much oil, but was pissing out on the sunday, so waiting for toyota to get me the part now, luckily I noticed it quickly so have been topping the oil up. However I've taken the car off the road just to be safe :(