hks fcon help needed urgently

wesgt

Lifer
hi, my glanza is running a hks fcon v pro gold. car won't start, but when u plug out the hks and plug back in the original ecu it will start. hks unit is giving off an error code, 3short and 1long! any ideas??

Phil

Super Moderator
i have a f-con (not the full ecu though)

and it hated the map sensor being moved, it mucked up the fuelling all over the show. make sure its mounted securely to the bulkhead and level.

thats all i can think of. unless the sensor has had it completely!

Phil

wesgt

Lifer
i have a f-con (not the full ecu though)

and it hated the map sensor being moved, it mucked up the fuelling all over the show. make sure its mounted securely to the bulkhead and level.

Phil

thanks phil, yeh i had it up at a tuners getting a knock sensor replaced, and they were plugging stuff out! so i'd say thats it! will it need to be remapped if its messed up?

Aidan-G

Member +
i doubt ita anything major..the car is still starting on the standard ecu,so thats the main thing:)

replase the map sensor and see what happens..is it a standard glanza map sensor thats being used with the f-con?i doubt it is??

Phil

Super Moderator
i doubt ita anything major..the car is still starting on the standard ecu,so thats the main thing:)

replase the map sensor and see what happens..is it a standard glanza map sensor thats being used with the f-con?i doubt it is??

probably a hks 3bar map sensor, so not cheap to replace! but id doubt its that, just refit securely and remap if necessary! just map it on the road get some1 with a wideband to do it for you. cheaper than a lengthly dyno run.

Phil

wesgt

Lifer
i'm not too sure lol i jus bought the car but i wudnt think its original! the tuner is an apexi dearler tho, they prob wudnt have a map sensor there maybe? was supposed to pick the car up today:(

Phil

Super Moderator
its likely in perfect working order, not a button wrong with it, but needs fitted securely and fitted level. hardly worth throwing other map sensors at the problem if its nothing major?!

Phil

wesgt

Lifer
yeh phil i just rang them and told them to make sure its fitted securely and level as they were messin about with it! @aidan yeh its in couture near maynooth!

Aidan-G

Member +
yeh phil i just rang them and told them to make sure its fitted securely and level as they were messin about with it! @aidan yeh its in couture near maynooth!

ah rite!are they mapping the f-con for you?i doubt they would have much experiance with the gold??but i'd love too hear how they get on with mapping it!!keep us informed!:)

wesgt

Lifer
i don't think they can, they don't have any software, it only went up for an engine management light on, needed a knock sensor replacing!! and crank seals needed doing!

Jay

Admin

I'd agree lad, the sensor can be rather sensitive to movement.

What was up with the knock sensor?

wesgt

Lifer
I'd agree lad, the sensor can be rather sensitive to movement.

What was up with the knock sensor?

i'm not too sure, i got a diagnostic done but the printout is with the car. they changed it and its ok now, but they must have knocked something about!

Jay

Admin
Aye, possibly just upset something simple when replacing the knock sensor as it's buried down the back of the engine block.

Is a crank seal leaking as well? Which end?

Jay

Admin
Can't see them affecting the MAP sensor by doing the seals, it's too high up.

It just sounds like the sensor or wiring has been moved during the knock sensor replacement.

wesgt

Lifer
yeh i'd say your right! maybe a stupid question but that won't require it to be mapped again will it?