how/why?

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
How or why did you decide to Mod your car? For me it was pure chance, my front bumper got knackered and the only replacement I could find had been cut out for a front mout so I thought "why not?" and bought myself a fmic. It all kinda snowballed from there! My turbo started spitting oil so I bought a hybrid :rockon:

So whats your story?

59bhp

Member +
not sure as a young male i think its drummed into you from an early age. But its definatly when i notice somethin im not happy with about whatever car i have, whether its the stereo, chassis, engine etc then i look at insurance and see i cant really do anything about it lol though its not much of an issue anymore now that im nearly dead.

and then theres the parts that just look plain sexy (tein coilovers, carbon bonnets, volk ce28n's, basically anything shiny or carbon lol) and you think i must have those in my life

Elaine

Lifer
I said I was never going to MOD my car…..

I split from my partner of 3 years and thought why not…. I made a lot of new friends both on hear and in my local area, got given lots of advice and soon worked out that it would not cost that much to blow my ex’s 200 s14a away…

And well, its like Pringles once you’ve popped you just can’t stop

Also I have to keep up with a lot bigger power cars than my own… even before I put things on people where always shocked at what the car could do… Now I just want to blow them away

Deano

Banned
For me it's coz I don't like things being stock and I like to make my car look individual I have changed the air filter to a pod filter, added some new 16'' rims, Bought me an rx7 TMIC, and just bought me a new panasonic MP3 cd player at a sale last week got it for a great price, already had awesome 6x9s next on the list is a blow off valve, boost gauge, suspension, boost controller, Exhaust, Fcd, Fuel pressure regulator and other things I will probably get as time goes on I love that lil car :ep91:

Kelly

Member +
Im addicted to boost?

Seriously we throw so much money at bens gt (mine gets a lil sometimes) i just love going out for a drive, feeling boost, accelerating hard calms me?! maybe i weird i duno but its one of my fave things ever!

Deano

Banned
Hey Kelly just make sure when you do that cops aren't around thats why I bought a radar detector one of the best mods to get for a performance car got a speeding ticket 70 km/h in a 50 km/h zone and it was $170:(

Kelly

Member +
Hey Kelly just make sure when you do that cops aren't around thats why I bought a radar detector one of the best mods to get for a performance car got a speeding ticket 70 km/h in a 50 km/h zone and it was $170:(

i go on roads where the speed limit is 60mph or 70mph so im ok no need speed, any other time its on tracks, quarters, private roads ;) so im ok!
i dont want a radar thing, you can get in alot of trouble for owning one here.

dan

Member +
bens GT, always wanted one after i saw a vid ages ago on youtube of one wasting a scooby, then went out in ben_js jam gt and was addicted. But owning a house restricts my mod's :( but i still love what ive got so far :D

sx_turbo

Lifer
i started modding mine puerley out of chance the parts are rather cheap now and every time i have bought something, its been really cheap

Deano

Banned
Well my radar detector picks up Ka bands and other bands the police use it is also a laser jammer so say you are going along the motorway at the legal limit and the cop has his laser radar pointed out the window it will scramble his laser for a few seconds lol it picked up a cop the other day that had pulled someone over it beeped like crazy even after I went past the cop it kept beeping 360 degree detection works pretty well but half the time some of the police have their radars off lol

Deano

Banned
Mine cost me $149 NZD they should work in England they don't pick up fixed pole speed cameras as they have a magnetic sensor in the ground to know how fast you are going and don't use radar

sx_turbo

Lifer
if they aint legal please stop discussing on a public forum ppl ;)

they havnt been made illegal over here yet, they were talking about doing so though.

my opinion is that you shouldnt need one of these though as a)you can see police cars and cameras a mile off

b) you shouldnt be speeding any way.

the limits are there for a reason people, how would you feel if it was your kid that got hit????

dont get me wrong i do speed and in a 40mph zone i will prob do 45mph, but first i would think whether it is safe to do so.

i save my frantic driving for country lanes.

Kelly

Member +
well i wasnt sure if they were legal or illegal but im pretty sure you get into alot of trouble if you have anything like that in your vehicle.

And what you said above is true, there really isnt a need for one. hence why ive never thought about owning one.

sx_turbo

Lifer
well i wasnt sure if they were legal or illegal but im pretty sure you get into alot of trouble if you have anything like that in your vehicle.

And what you said above is true, there really isnt a need for one. hence why ive never thought about owning one.

you get into trouble because the police see you have one of them in your car and it is quite blatantly obvious you speed on a regular basis,

Dan3SGTE

Member +
Power wise i never really thought about modding the starlet just cosmetic things really..... i only put a cat back exhaust and filter.... thought it went well enough at the time, suited me just fine.....

then my brother got a scooby wrx import and well......... pulled from me more then i expected at the time, in other words alot....... so ordered a HKS intercooler which never arrived :confused: soo i thought f**k it, i want some proper power and something different with tonnes of potential at an affordable price....... looked into conversions and stumbled across subzero in his 3sgte powered starlet. then i just took things from there, no-one would stop me haha.....