Hybrid ct9 users.. Wot hybrid do you have? Wot do you think of it?

turbostar

Member +
I WOULD LIKE TO SEE WOT HYBRID'S PEOPLE HAVE?
(TONG'S / TOY TUNING/ TM DEVELOP MENTS(STARLETGTTURBO.CO.UK)

An wot do people think of ther hybrid's ?
any dyno print outs?

cheers dan

Shorty

Member +
i have a ct9/ct20 hybrid again only .8 and pulls like a train!! alot more topend power than my ct9 had :)

djurny

Member +
i've got a 'kitaro' g-spec hybrid and it is still going strong.. had to refurbish my blitz ss d.v. a couple of days ago and expected a lot of spilt oil in there.. but nothing! been on my car for over a year now..
pulls pretty well, although it takes a longer time to come on full boost (not that responsive as compared to the old ct9a).. but it will continue to deliver power up high in the rev range! something that the ct9 didn't :)

Jay

Admin
I've fitted a fair few hybrids on various cars over the years. Based on results, reliability and price I choose a Tong GT spec hybrid for my own car.

That's not taking anything away from the other options - the decision was solely made on what I had experienced from customers cars.

Jay

turbostar

Member +
thanks very much for peoples feedback on this.

any more feedback with this issue very welcome

cheers dan

y3Lo

Member +
im going ct9 hybrid on mine mate, and tong have developed a new externally gated hybrid, looks quality there just waiting on a tester. but im pretty sure i'll be going for that one.

AntEP82

Member +
I've got a hybrid ct9 which came frm ep_chen in malaysia or somewhere so nt sure of the specs. Runnin 0.8 bar n have 2 say im impressed wiv it. The power is a lot smoother than on standard turbo. It keeps up wiv my mate's gt4 (which is runnin about 300hp) off a roundabout 2 about 120mph.

gglavin

Member +
iv seen figures running in excess of 180 bhp at 1.0 bar & 200 ftlbs of torque which is huge. from the tonge gt spec turbos, keeping in mind you can push them a little more

Im using a tong hybrid but having problems. Seems really restricted and no "oof" about it. Made less power on the rollers than my ct9 AND slower times @ crail. Thought it was my air filter route but thats 100% now and still feels the same.

poke

Member +
hey mate,
I had fensport in england build me a ct9 hybrid i was going to sell it but these turbos pull like a train so i held on to it!there a good purchace website is www.fensport.com take a look:rockon:

zee20

Member +
a bit off topic but can you run a higher turbo like a td04 hybrid on stock internals? if not what about the ct9 hybrid?

gglavin

Member +
a bit off topic but can you run a higher turbo like a td04 hybrid on stock internals? if not what about the ct9 hybrid?

yes you can buddy, up to around 220 bhp , of course of you will need supporting mods, like FCD or EMU/SAFC, manifold, de-cat, full system exhaust etc etc............. use the search function mate it brings up loads

Spoonz

Member +
I've got a Fensport Hybrid, running 1.1bar and it pulls like mad and is ready for more.

can i ask a question about it,
I won a casr on ebay this week and it claims to have a fensport hybrid onit on the intak side isit the same size has the standard one?

Philip0694

Member +
can i ask a question about it,
I won a casr on ebay this week and it claims to have a fensport hybrid onit on the intak side isit the same size has the standard one?

Yeah the intake side is the same size as a standard turbo intake so it is difficult to tell the difference until it is fitted then you will feel the difference!!

Exe_GT

Member +
I have only had experience with the standard ct9 and upgraded to a Tong's. Better high end power and still running at 0.8. Very impressed.