hybrid turbo question

briggers

Member +
i just want to clear a few things up.

when buying the turbo i was going to just use these:

rrfpr
fmic
new mani (what ever came allong for ct9)
boost controller
decat
exhaust system
walbro fuel pump

i then found out that it would be better to get some management as i would like a healthy 200bhp

so i now have to get a e manage and get it mapped and i have heard injectors would help.

now this is adding up and i was just wandering if i realy have to get the emanage straight away or can i run with just a rrfpf and fuel pump to start off with and just run 9 bar and maybe get a fcd.

any info would be much appreciated.

Chris@CCM

Member +

rrfpr
fmic
boost controller
decat
exhaust system
walbro fuel pump

i then found out that it would be better to get some management as i would like a healthy 200bhp

so i now have to get a e manage and get it mapped and i have heard injectors would help.

now this is adding up and i was just wandering if i realy have to get the emanage straight away or can i run with just a rrfpf and fuel pump to start off with and just run 9 bar and maybe get a fcd.

its up to u mate imo u dont need a e manage to run 200hp or injectors but for the money u can get used e manages for its almost cheaper then the other set up as u dont need a rrfpr pump or fcd

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
If you plan on running under fuel cut you won't need an rrfpr. Anything over that and an fcd and rrfpr (at the minimum) will be needed. As for getting an emanage or whatever, yes you will get a better tune but people have run td04's with just an fcd and rrfpr so on a hybrid you should be fine.

cole

Member +

rrfpr
fmic
boost controller
decat
exhaust system
walbro fuel pump

it will run fine without an emanage as long as the rrfpr is set up properly on a rolling road and you wont need bigger injectors for the boost you will run :p

briggers

Member +
so would i see a healthy 200bhp with just a rrfpf and fcd as this would be easier and i would rather fit that than a e manage.

although as someone said above emanage would be healthier. aghh i hate this as i have a turbo and cant use the god damn thing at the moment.

Chris@CCM

Member +
so would i see a healthy 200bhp with just a rrfpf and fcd as this would be easier and i would rather fit that than a e manage.

although as someone said above emanage would be healthier. aghh i hate this as i have a turbo and cant use the god damn thing at the moment.
should not make much diffs buddy but ur car will be easyer on fuel with e manage once its maped rite but the cost difference is not much at all once u add it up

briggers

Member +
ahaa.

it wasnt a dream.

so whats ppls advice as its my b day next month and i wanna start hourding in what i need.

dont know what to do now. dont wanna take the wrong advice and fook up my engine as its my daily driver.

im swaying more emanage side of things.

sx_turbo

Lifer
you get a nicer tune with the emanage.

me personally if your just running a hybrid will say that an rrfpr and fcd will be fine for a max of 1.2bar, this is on the limit of the engine, and injectors, and i would recomend an emanage and 330cc if running 1.2bar.

if running less then this then an rrfpr and fcd will do fine, and to be fair your better off running an rrfpr and an emanage any way, just incase the emanage breaks for any reason then the fuelling will still be good

briggers

Member +
so with the actuator i need to get what do i set it at when using that and a boost controller.

i was thinking this the other day and i though o shit as i wanna try hook it up myself.

is this sensible as i wont really know what im doing ill just need to get pics of someone else doing it on here.

Timmy

Member +
Set the actuator the lowest boost you will probably use so like 0.6bar ish.
Personaly i would get some managment rrfpr tuning is all a bit dodgy.

Jay

Admin
Dodgy isn't a good term to be honest dude.

I'll try to offer an explanation - basically you are mixing air and fuel to create power.

It's just a choice between electronically controlled adjustments or the rather crude manual way of increasing the fuelling.

A safe mix is possible with both but the electronic version will offer much better precision. This will result in more power. Basically it could be the difference in a safe setup and a fast safe setup. ;)

Jay

Jay

Admin
I would compare the different versions but it's hard to offer a good example..

Okay, got one that everyone can understand!

It's like pouring your vodka from the bottle or using an optic. Well suppose I would actually use the bottle in that senario but I'm just being greedy. :beer:

You get the point, one is less accurate than the other. But both lead to mayhem.