I'm still thinking of selling up (again)...

Monkfish

Member +
...but I've got one hell of a good reason to do it!!

I was thinking about The Bitch earlier today and whilst out on a random drive wasting petrol (Which I REALLY need to stop doing) I was thinking about getting shot. I've been in two minds for a while now and I know that when I get like that, it's the rocky road to ruin. The nail in the coffin for me was whilst looking on Pistonheads for my next possible car, out of the 250+ Toyota's on there, well over 100 were Starlets GT's or Glanza's. They are becoming too common for my liking. There are about 10-12 Starlets in the South Wales area that I know of and at least half of those are black quad light GT's :(.

Anyway, what am I looking for? One of these...

peugeot_106_1996_wit_foto_1.jpg

No really! :p That will be the daily drive (Or some other random assorted shitter), with a little something different to entertain me every so often...

ae86005.jpg

For the unwashed, that's an AE86 Toyota Corolla GT Coupé :cool:

I've love the AE86's and I really fancy getting one (Someone find me one! Pistonheads and eBay didn't give much joy!). Other than the fact they are cool as tits, there aren't many about and none that I know of in our area. Quite whether I'll get one for my budget (Whatever the Starlet goes for or a straight swap) or not is another thing, but I need to look around properly. If I can't find an AE86 within my budget, I'll look at some other possibilities. I've been thinking about getting something with a supercharger on (Late WRC kitted Supercharged Corolla ?). I've been in a mates charged EP3 CTR and the noise from that is orgasmic!
I'll have to wait to sell up before getting something else (unless I P/X or Swap), or sell up now before the Starlet's de-value too much and drive a shitter about for a bit to save up some cash. Suggestions if you will please.

Either way, the way I'm feeling now, The Bitch's days are numbered...

Last edited:

D3N0

Member +
yep the corolla ae86 is an exciting number. i thought about getting one in maybe 2 years after searching and researching, but wounder if there will be any left by then. good luck with hunt though. but it would be good if you would keep both cars, id be heart broken if i ever saw a random grease monkey driving my bitch hard. specially after the timely exciting relation. just couldnt do it.

sx_turbo

Lifer
i know just how you feel monkfish and because of all the shit, and all the money i have spent on my gt, i have started to resent it, for my next car i will not have a turbo, as i have had just way to many problems for my liking, i dont know who said that these things were cheap to run.

anyway my problem is that i have spent so much money on mine that if i was to sell i wouldnt even get a tenth of that back. i bought the car for 3500 and i have prob spent another 3500 on it. also im sure my car is to blame for the trouble me and my gf have had recently.

i think a trueno will be great for you, though expect to pay much more than the starlets worth, as there very sort after and finding a decent one can be very hard indeed, speak to goldenvtr about it.

Mr Steve

Fresh Recruit
im as bad as fishy and we have chatted about this on msn. as soon as i lose interest i sell up because otherwise i know i wouldnt give the car any love. i like to be happy with what i drive. personally i think the shitter option is a good one as long as the insurence doesnt cost more than the car or its wasting more cash. but on the other hand driving a shitter will give you time to look not rush and buy anything cos i know how inpatient you are

nough said homes

C

CaL

shams selling a fresh ae86 2 door if your intrested?he will probs do a swap too

Elaine

Lifer
Mike please don’t sell your car!! I will have nothing to base mine on if you do!!

And to the rest of you stop encouraging him!!

C

CaL

well mike imho i would sell if i was in that position....il find a pic somewhere....its just a standard ish 2 door in white with red interior....not even registered yet....would be a mint project....

Monkfish

Member +
CaL - Can you get me a link or some details about the '86 and the DC2 (Or anything else along the same lines) please? Remember though, budget is whatever I get for the starlet or straight swap (read about 3.5k)

Wild - Onwards? Yes, Upwards? Depends how you look at it. I think I'm just growing out of the noisy hatchbacks and I want something a bit more sensible (Although an AE86 isn't quite what I'd call sensible, but I can make an exception for that :p)

Greg0r

Member +
ive been thinking of selling up for awhile, but ive still got loads of mods sitting in my garage that need putting on and with the prices that starbos and glanzas are going for i think im just going to keep it and be boring and get a scooby wrx as they are also going for cheap as chips now :)