injectors, which ones to go for? decisions

churcherj

Member +
hi, im due to be getting my td04 kit soon, and wana know what size injectors to run.....im stuck between 360 and 460cc, it seems alot of people are saying 460 thats with an emanage ultimate/blue, but im going to be running a fpr/fcd and apexi safc2 for a short while so not sure if 460s are gona be too much, too rich on idle? any info would be good. i will be upgrading to emanage ultimate at a later date so not sure if i would need to buy new injectors?

gglavin

Member +
if you plan on running more boost & power in the future then go with 550 injectors, job done & its future proof

churcherj

Member +
if you plan on running more boost & power in the future then go with 550 injectors, job done & its future proof

ive heard running 550s could be abit excessive? bearing in mind all im gona have for a short while is apexi safc2 as management, are 460s a better option? probs max im gona run is 1.2 bar in the short term, may fully forge my engine at a later date

gglavin

Member +
ive heard running 550s could be abit excessive? bearing in mind all im gona have for a short while is apexi safc2 as management, are 460s a better option? probs max im gona run is 1.2 bar in the short term, may fully forge my engine at a later date

well , you wont max those injectors at any point im sure, im running 300bhp & i have not maxed them. they will do the same job as 460's just more capabilities if you go bigger & more boost. up to you 550's is what id go for.

churcherj

Member +
well , you wont max those injectors at any point im sure, im running 300bhp & i have not maxed them. they will do the same job as 460's just more capabilities if you go bigger & more boost. up to you 550's is what id go for.

ok i will look into them, cheers for the info

Iain@CRD

Lifer
TD04 - 460cc

I use the 550cc on the TD04 and they make the car jerk around town at low speeds etc. 460cc are more than enough for a TD04 at 1.4bar but id recommend a E-Manage Ultimate to trim the fuel aswell.

550cc will cover you if you decide to upgrade to a bigger turbo in the future as already said.

churcherj

Member +
TD04 - 460cc

I use the 550cc on the TD04 and they make the car jerk around town at low speeds etc. 460cc are more than enough for a TD04 at 1.4bar but id recommend a E-Manage Ultimate to trim the fuel aswell.

550cc will cover you if you decide to upgrade to a bigger turbo in the future as already said.

would 460cc injectors be ok if im running apexi safc2/fpr/fcd setup, as i cant get an emanage ultimate yet?

Ted

Member +
real possibliity you wont be able to take enough fuel out low down with just a safc. best would be the light green 370s

Iain@CRD

Lifer
would 460cc injectors be ok if im running apexi safc2/fpr/fcd setup, as i cant get an emanage ultimate yet?

Sorry i didnt see this, i wouldnt think the SAFC2 would take away enough fuel to make it a smooth, comfortable ride like the E-Manage Ultimate would, if thats the case your better going to a lower CC injector as Ted said.

GaryGT

Member +

Mate please read the first post carefully and listen to what the guy is asking?? ;)
dont give out the wrong info to a Newbie if its gonna cause him problems

At ur present setup and goals mate running 330-370 cc injectors will more than be enuf
A little Tip when buying second hand injectors get them flow tested mate ;)

regards

G

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
with the safc the maximum ud be able to control safely is 360cc injectors with the emb up to 460cc & with the emu ur limit is 1160cc (not that anybody will ever find the need lol its just the limit).

kon

churcherj

Member +
god this has all got abit out of hand hasnt it! lol was only a general question to get some advice, didnt wana cause world war 3 lol.......i think the general consensus then is to:

run up to 360cc on a safc2 - but no more
then 460cc or 550cc on proper management i.e emanage ultimate, when i go for more power in the future....

thanks for the info people

sx_turbo

Lifer
stock injectors @ 3bar of fuel pressure are roughly about 350 cc, so is it worth buying 330 or 360 cc injectors?

churcherj

Member +
stock injectors @ 3bar of fuel pressure are roughly about 350 cc, so is it worth buying 330 or 360 cc injectors?

ok, on that calculation u sent me i worked it out that if i was to run a td04 at 1 bar making 210-220bhp which most achieve, that would mean i would need 315cc injectors, i thought standard were 295? :S so surely 360cc would be adequate at that pressure?

sx_turbo

Lifer
why go out and spend money on new injectors??

when all u need to do is fit a fuel pressure reg and up the pressure 0.5bar, you'll need the fuel reg for later on anyways.

dont get a rising rate fuel reg though you just want a static 1:1 reg.

i personally recomend the fse race fuel reg.

churcherj

Member +
why go out and spend money on new injectors??

when all u need to do is fit a fuel pressure reg and up the pressure 0.5bar, you'll need the fuel reg for later on anyways.

dont get a rising rate fuel reg though you just want a static 1:1 reg.

i personally recomend the fse race fuel reg.

i was just under the impression that stock ones would be reaching their maximum on duty cycle...i am planning to run a rrfpr/fcd and apexi safc2 to trim rich spots of fuel etc, i thought getting 360cc would put less strain on the fueling system, as the stock injectors would be struggling to run a td04 at 1 bar, someone correct me if im wrong lol