Insurance on turbo glanza

JapHead

Fresh Recruit
well lads im from ireland and im 17 and on a learners permit (provesional licence)
I have recently bought a Glanza V... and wondering would i get insured in it if i go as a named driver on my fathers insurance?? how much roughly??:confused: any help would be appreciated :)

churcherj

Member +
gona be a alot of money mate! i wud say 3K upwards atleast even on your dads insurance. insurance companies have cottoned onto that now so they dont reduce the price that much, and considering your on a learners license its gona set you back alot matey

Galen

Lifer
Id say your going to find it very hard to insure it. Even if you do go name driver under your father, insurance companies are cunts, if you have an accident and they find out it was actually your car and not your fathers they wont pay out.

Buy something you can insure, drive it for a year or two. Keep the Glanza and mod it while your building up your no claims then insure it!

JapHead

Fresh Recruit
Id say your going to find it very hard to insure it. Even if you do go name driver under your father, insurance companies are cunts, if you have an accident and they find out it was actually your car and not your fathers they wont pay out.

Buy something you can insure, drive it for a year or two. Keep the Glanza and mod it while your building up your no claims then insure it!

wel i dont have much money left the glanza set me back a nice bit... the parents were gonna pay the insurance .. but they wouldnt pay over 2 grand id say

TURBO2010

Member +
hey mate try 123.ie heard they are gud for glanzas but not sure bout the age and that and try britton insurance they are good 2!! if ya dont av the g's try pay monthly!!

Even if you try go under a named driver I still don't think any insurance company will insure a Glanza V.

And to add to that I would not like to see a 17 year old in a Glanza V - No offence to you but you are best getting a lower powered car to drive and get used to the roads and build up your confidence driving before coming out in a V.!

JapHead

Fresh Recruit
Even if you try go under a named driver I still don't think any insurance company will insure a Glanza V.

And to add to that I would not like to see a 17 year old in a Glanza V - No offence to you but you are best getting a lower powered car to drive and get used to the roads and build up your confidence driving before coming out in a V.!

ju tink im goin to go mad in it nd rap it after spendin all my money on it .. im not a dope atal...

s.murphy

Leinster Area Rep.
no insurance company is going to insure you at 17 on a v

x2. Its not possible mate sorry. Anyone that says they did is talking crap and wont admit they only insured it as a 1.3 n/a. As has already been said keep the car for a couple of years and have it as a project or something while you gain experience in something thats easier to insure. Will be much easier to insure with couple of years no claims and a full license. Sorry if this is not what you wanted to hear but its the only way you will be able to get it on the road legally.

ianmcintoshi

Member +
ju tink im goin to go mad in it nd rap it after spendin all my money on it .. im not a dope atal...

i dont think he means ur a dope or anything, hes jus saying that at 17 you are a very inexperienced driver and it would be more sensible to get a lower power car until u gain some experience driving on the open road :drive:

Anyways mate no insurance company is going to insure u on a glanza v believe me.

JapHead

Fresh Recruit
thanx for yer opinions lads... was thinking of getting a cheap polo for the time being.... and the fela definately insured it as 1.3turbo...

dac69er

Super Moderator

its not being a dope mate. its experience you need. if i had a turbo starlet as my first car i would have more than likely crashed it to some degree.
have you even had any experience on a moped or motorbike or anything?

no offence, but did you seriously think it was a good idea to get a turbo import performance hatchback as your first car when our a learner?

you will be paying £1500-£2000 on a normal non turbo starlet mate.

stuarty1

Member +
as they said the only way you can is if you say it non turbo other than that you payin crazy crazy money i am still on da r plates but mine is down as a non turbo and it 900 pounds wat is good but its the risk you take wen you bin your car and they dont pay out