Is this running lean

Batters

Member +
So I was doing a compression test on my ep82 today and when I pulled the spark plugs out they were white on the tips here are some pictures

Batters

Member +
That's what I thought

It shouldn't be though it's running nearly 4 bar of fuel pressure not got an AFR though to check

Last edited:

dac69er

Super Moderator
how old are the plugs and what heat grade? how long has it been running like that? are they all the same? what mods do you have that affect the fuelling?

Batters

Member +
The plugs are only about a year old they are grade 7 I think the only mod that affects the fuel is an fpr that was on the car when I got it and they are all the same I assume it's been running like that since I got it I haven't touched the fuel

Jay

Admin
You can't use that as a means of checking how lean or rich a turbo is running mate.

Under light cruise and idle conditions the car will be lean anyway and you will get a white plug so normal driving will make it look like that. It would take you to switch the car off under wide open throttle to get a halfway guess at what is happening.

Get someone with a wideband (local tuner, rolling road, etc) to read the AFR's instead - far more accurate.

Jay