JDM plate with a difference

Jay

Admin
Has anyone any experience with the illuminated JDM plates in the UK??

I'm guessing show use only but it's worth asking..

dscn1422l.jpg

dscn1420r.jpg

dscn1455.jpg

The green will probably get me done for impersonating an ambulance (just like the mk1 rear GT badge) but I have one of these and fancied using it somewhere.

Cheers for any advice,

Jay

lingl9z

Member +
I've only seen them once at a car show, wasn't illuminated though! Look nice :) im sure a member on here had one of the rear of his car with his uk plate in the window and got pulled a few months after and told to remove.

Idrees

Banned
That looks awesome, even in White it'd look cool and maybe slightly more legal!

Be the first Jay. :cool:

Maybe using some slightly dimmer bulbs would attract less police attention, but might not look as cool. :(

Foggy

Member +
I have one of these in the shed that came off my bros mark 1 gt bulbs and wire on it.

Paul147

Member +
Thats looks immense! i want 1 , i reckon one of the traders need to source a large amount of these and get them up on a group buy lol dought thed sit too long

Derek

Lifer
If anyone has one ill try it see how long it takes to be stopped. Have had no reg on the front of my car for months now and the gards don't even look twice at it.

Foggy

Member +
If anyone has one ill try it see how long it takes to be stopped. Have had no reg on the front of my car for months now and the gards don't even look twice at it.

I bet thats handy on the m50 :p I know lots of peolpe with no reg on the front of the car never get stopped.

Jay

Admin
Just revisiting this one again, anyone know where to get the JDM translucent plates from?

Seen plenty of JDM plates on Ebay but none allow the letters to let light through.. I'm guessing it would be a mission for UK autonumerologists to make these up?

Thanks for any input!

Jay

danb87

South East England Area Rep
jay going back too your first post in this thread, saying about the gt glow being green/ you inpersonating an ambulance. ive never had issues with mine, yet friends of mine put blue tinsel on the dashboards lol an got £30 fines for apprently inpersonating a police car.

curious has anybody ever had issues before with the glow bades. slightly stupid really imo as they are made like it lol

You could get some translucent plexiglass or whatever and then get an opaque vinyl with the characters cut out and then overlay it on the plate. Any sign place would be able to do the vinyl bit and you could cut the plate yourself.

Edit: In fact a sign place should be able to make the whole thing because they use translucent plastic in signs that are backlit all the time.

Last edited: