Job Hunting!

stuart

Member +
Looks I'll be another one joining the job hunting crowd, things aren't looking too good for my employer (MFI UK) today. Best get my CV sorted out and start searching for SAP based jobs :(

Right on run up to Xmas too.... same old pissing story.

Think there'll be another few big companies that will crumble shortly too, damn no ones safe... unless you work for the council in the job centre lol! :homer:

Dane_Bristol

Member +
Yeah its not good mate :(,

Lets hope for your sake it does not come to that.

I would pop my CV out there just too see what is around and get a feel you cant loose anything so might aswell be 2 steps ahead.

dan

Member +
gutted mate, my dads still lookin for work after being laid off by MFI.

Get into tesco or something as above if you can, aint no chance they are going under any time soon.

dave-izzle

Member +
You dont want to work for Tesco's. I wouldnt say that was a very safe job.

really? how come? i've worked nights there for the last year and a bit, and i do the least amount of work possible and the term 'redundancy' has never been mentioned while ive been there

FerryScoob

Member +
really? how come? i've worked nights there for the last year and a bit, and i do the least amount of work possible and the term 'redundancy' has never been mentioned while ive been there

Well I was 1 of the 460 that were made redundant in the Dundee warehouse and I belive there was a similar number paid off at the middlewhich depot.

lingl9z

Member +
Sorry to hear that bud, hopefully you'll get something soon! alot of big companies are going under atm even woolworths! =[

Matchew

Member +
Its sucks big time matey its taken me 2months to find a job, i was lucky to land a job at Bmw
Shame it weren't Toyota:)

Best of luck buddy

**EDIT** These threads are popping up all too often

rob300zx

Member +
Shit isnt it mate, ive been out of work for 3 weeks now from Delta Caravans, still hunting and finding nothing.. Hope you get it sorted soon mate.

Rob

AdDaMan

Member +
yer but thats just certian tesco warehouses. I used to work in one and we all got moved to a bigger one. Yours was prob a smallish one.

nicholai

Member +
i would try you local recruitment place i did and got a really good job thought it does not cost you a thing

stuart

Member +
Yeah I been speaking to a couple of them this morning, sent my CV down etc - Might have think bout breaking my GT though! :(

Mikey Jay

Member +
Try your local council for jobs too

Get looked after, various perks to the job, and is an employee that won't go under during the recession either