Just been on the Rollers

Ive just come back from Rolling moation in Caerphilly (south wales)

Would like to recommend this place,really helpfull and friendly

I dont have a scanner so i cant post up the graph but heres what i had

167BHP at the Fly
147 At the wheels (iirc) ill check the graph after

My spec is

Hybrid CT9
Blitz dump valve
RSR stainless straight through exhaust
HKS Fuel Cut Defender (FCD)
HKS Programmable Fuel Computer F-CON (PFC)
HKS Air Filter
Greddy Trust front mounted intercooler
HKS actuator
Upgraded high flow fuel pump
NGK silicone spark plug leads
Denso IK22 Iridium spark plugs

I still have the EFI pipe on so my filter is at the back of the engine bay

It was also runned at 0.8 boost

Personally im disapointed,for the money ive spent it hasnt been worth
it

I Phoned TurboDave to ask tell him what i got etc,he sounded impressed

So next on the list is

De-cat and get that filter to the front

All comments welcome( im not expecting them to be good but i would like you to give your honest opinion

Thanks

Gav

Adam_Glanza

Member +
i would get downpipe and manifold, should release quiet a few ponies.

problem is youve got a hybrid but no real management and still alot of restriction in the system so your not going to make huge power!

still not a bad result tho

Matt_Seicentos

Member +
thats not that bad considering you were only running 0.8bar, don't have a decat and still have the stock airbox, get the filter at the front, decat and 1 BAR and you should see a good gain.

Texx

Super Moderator
For the amount of boost your running, I'd say those figures aren't bad at all.

32hp up from an extra 3psi is a good effort..

Cheers lads

also id adjusted the Fcon while i was there

setting 9 it was 4 BHP less that it was on settign 5

Greg0r

Member +
not bad mate for that boost and those restrictions

get mani decat and boost at 1bar and youll be 180ish

after reading on peoples est etc on here

some say it should be around 200 mark (with efi pipe off and decat)

Thats why im disapointed

Cant see me getting 30bhp off a decat and filter to the front

and boost up 1.1 or so

Greg0r

Member +
i reckon u would... mani decat filter relocation or mesh the turbo boost at 1.1 will defo be seeing abetter result

Have alook at monkfishs, hes not got a bad bhp and still on std ct9 i think

hes got 179 bhp i think

which is great

After today-
Personally i wouldnt adv getting a hybrid after the results,Alot of mates have told me that they dont think its made any difference at all ( but thats just me as im disapointed,my own personal opinion

BUT!!!! i must say that i havnt got the mods that i would need to get high bhp so ill just have to wait and see until the next RR day

id TD04 the car if i was to do it again i think

Kelly

Member +
make sure you dont up the boost anymore without an uprated mani!! i would be impressed with that figure if i was you! :)

Guye

Lifer
I'm interested in your torque figure. I have realised that some get massive torque results when the hp seem lower that they would like. Also, according to another thread posted in engine/fueling/turbo, even with a tdo4 you wouldn't see much improvement in max hp at your current boost level. You have a unit that can move air more efficiently than a stock ct9 at higher boost levels because of the lower charge temps it would create. You are not using your setup to it's potential, not by a long shot.

Iain@CRD

Lifer
I think thats a pretty good figure mate, few more parts and you should see 200bhp no problem.

Bit random but when i fitted my FMIC my bhp raised by 7. Not bad for £600 haha

herbie

Member +
Theres defo more performance to be had from that turbo.

As others have said, you'l need the manifold, decat and 1 bar of boost to see nearer 200bhp.

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
I can't see you're problem mate, you've still got a very restrictive system and you're running fairly low boost. As said previously, ditch the cat, get a better mani and relocated the airfilter and you'll see some good improvements.

Dave.

Member +
Spot on Hutch :)

If you put a mani, a decent amount of boost, a decat and a good filter then you'd be lauging and *well* on your way to 200bhp :)

Dave

TurboDave

Member +
For definate mate at the moment its all strangled by the Cat, efi pipe etc

As soon as you get a decat, more boost and re-locate your filter you will be laughing. Consider getting a mani aswell Gav, I know yours is ported but a tubular one would release more power :)

Dave

cheers everyone

Ill soon get some parts and hopfully ill be laughing then

Im going to pm toby now

also dave if you can source where to get the piping etc ill order it

I got 155bhp from mine mate, running

Fujitsubo exhaust,
Decat
Hks Mushroom filter on efi pipe
Boost at .7bar
Font Mount Autobahn Intercooler

So id be pritty disapointed also to be honest sorry mate.

lleey2k4

Member +
I'd be happy with that to be honest, im interested in your torque figure. What was your maximum torque?

As everyone has said Relocated air filter, decat, mani and some good engine management if you dont have any already and running 1.1 bar and u should be happy.

My mate got about 149bhp on hybrid. Zep Decat, Zep Mani, actuator, FPR, FCD of some sort, blitz nur spec, fmic running 0.8bar, i guess he just need to relocate his filter up his boost and good management for good power figures.

TurboDave

Member +
Been down to see Gav this afternoon, as soon as that filter is relocated, decat is on and the boost is up its going to be going very well indeed :).

Also had a look at the graph and calculated 17% transmission losses its now 172bhp :).

Dave