just imported glanza (wat next)???

D3N0

Member +
my glanza arrived about a week ago. it is a stock black 98-99 glanza V with a few factory optional xtras, it is a very clean example. the only mod it has so far is HKS induction kit and Tein coilovers. when i go to pick it up which is like in 10 days, i will have an extra £1200 on me. i was jus wanted to know in this situation what mod should be bought first on that bugdet.

oh and minus £450, bcuz um getting sum JDM 16" rims

i want it to be at an acceptable level for upcoming meets that i seen planed end of this month. so please help!

just spent £4800 buying the thing :ep91:

D3N0

Member +
mainly performance, as i have new rota wheels on the way and tein coilovers already on the car

Idrees

Banned
So you'll have £750?

I'd start off with a rear strut brace, some uprated brake discs and maybe a panhard rod. Then a decat and a FMIC :)

Some experienced members should be able to help you better than me though :)

ChrisGT

Member +
Would you like to stick with the standard ct9 turbo or go bigger?

If you want to stick with the ct9, I would suggest hks actuator, aftermarket ECU (apexi afc), FMIC, new manifold (mild steel if you can find one!), de-cat, good exhaust system, rrfpr, walbro fuel pump, new spark plugs and leads, new discs + pads - should be able to get some of that for £1200.

Idrees

Banned

If you want to stick with the ct9, I would suggest hks actuator, aftermarket ECU (apexi afc), FMIC, new manifold (mild steel if you can find one!), de-cat, good exhaust system, rrfpr, walbro fuel pump, new spark plugs and leads, new discs + pads - should be able to get some of that for £1200.
Lol but remember he said minus £450 from that for rims :p

D3N0

Member +
thanks indrees, oh and id say you are quite experient. what you have done to your car is amazing, and your bare young. cant image wat you will be doing with cars in like 4-5 years time.

i thought about a HKS actuator, cliford alarm (new one), i wanted a fmic but i cant get the Greddy one at the moment coz its expensive.

ChrisGT

Member +
Ah ok, he could still get a fair bit of that though! I thought I'd just list what I want really lol

EDIT:

Yeah alarm would probably be money best spent first off!

You don't have to get a g-reddy one mate! Could go with an autobahn cooler, or do what I plan on doing- buying a small universal FMIC so you don't have to remove the crashbar, and then buy sacha's universal intercooler hard pipe kit for the ct9. Should work out to about £250ish that way.

Idrees

Banned
Cheers :)

The Autobahn FMICs are pretty cheap from Asad if I remember correctly (Xtreme performance section)

And yes, I say an alarm is a MUST ;)

Jay

Admin
Maintenance. Full service, filters, fluids plus wear and tear items such as brakes should take priority. Unless already done beforehand.

DWB

Member +
remember u will have to SVA your car witch cost me £260 for the test, £250 for a model report and £60 FOR THE RETEST WHEN IT FAILED.

D3N0

Member +

i would like to get all of that but um quite sure all of that costs alot more than £1200. i want to stay with the ct9 for now though, until maybe my birthday or christmas. ask the misses for a forged engine...lol

ChrisGT

Member +
Haha yeah, well for £1200 you should start off with an alarm, most definately. Then like jay says, general maintenance. Change any pads or even discs if they are worn, new oil + filter, new plugs + leads, fluids etc and once thats sorted you can start modding her :D

D3N0

Member +
Maintenance. Full service, filters, fluids plus wear and tear items such as brakes should take priority. Unless already done beforehand.

thants a good idea. um sure its ok for matenance as it has passed the euro test and mot, and has gone through a servicing. um a bit iffy with thebrakes though, they are not as sharp as i wanted. as the car is quite quick.

D3N0

Member +
remember u will have to SVA your car witch cost me £260 for the test, £250 for a model report and £60 FOR THE RETEST WHEN IT FAILED.

yea, ive sorted that. was not happing though, but its not bad when if paid for such a great glanza for £4800. its a shame i have no pics, otherwise id upload them

Adam_Glanza

Member +
exhaust system first up, go for a straight threw and de cat, then maybe adjustable actuator and fpr for 1 bar and then go from there really.. like people have said its up 2 u wat u want 2 do

D3N0

Member +
exhaust system first up, go for a straight threw and de cat, then maybe adjustable actuator and fpr for 1 bar and then go from there really.. like people have said its up 2 u wat u want 2 do

thanks mate, i mite just do ur combo. its a cheap option at the moment so i can focus on wat i really wanna do to it.

ChrisGT

Member +
Straight through and de-cat :homer:

I have a de-cat and 1 rear silencer and that is bloody-friggin' loud! That would sound mental.

DO IT! :quadgt:

TurboDave

Member +
Oil & filter change 30 quid
Boost Gauge 30 quid
NGK Iridium heat range 7 plugs 30 quid
Magnecor Leads 70 quid
Second hand RX7 tmic 65 quid
Exhaust and Decat 400 quid
HKS actuator 65 quid
HKS FCD second hand 50 quid
Sard rrfpr 110 quid
Fueling check and setup on RR 80 quid

Total expenditure 930 pounds

You would be able to run 1 bar on that setup and see a good improvement over standard.

That would be my first shopping list in your position.