K26/K24 Hybrid in for mapping Sat 1st March

Dane_Bristol

Member +
K26/K24 Hybrid in for mapping Sat 8th March

Hey All,

After one stressfull week spending ever min that i had trying to get the car ready she is finally ready, i was fearfull that i would not make it as i booked in the car to get mapped this saturday and as the days went on i got more worried.

Litterally 1 day to go, not seen anyone on the site do this before so will be very interesting to see what i can get on standard internals.

Just to run thought had my old K24 rebuilt, a K26 Compressor housing was placed in it and i have kept the K24 exhaust housing. Blades have ben cut back to help the top end a little too.

hoping for some nice results this time around but shall have to see how it goes.

Il update this hread once reslts are in which will be Saturday late afternoon, wish me luck lol.

Cheers
Dane

Last edited:

Dave.

Member +
Nice one mate should get a good result with it :D

No point in stressing about it mate, it'll all be fine i'm sure! Can't wait to see the figures (and graph? ;) )

Dave

Dane_Bristol

Member +
Nice one mate should get a good result with it :D

No point in stressing about it mate, it'll all be fine i'm sure! Can't wait to see the figures (and graph? ;) )

Dave

I was just stressing as i didnt think i would fit everything in time lol. Il post it all up on Saturday.

Nwimie

Member +
nice one bud cant wait to see the results with the hybrid :) good luck ill be waiting for you to ring with the results :p

Dane_Bristol

Member +
Got back from the rollers, sad to say but i am currently only runin 99.4 bhp, probably the lowest in the site lol. No boost for me.

Reason being is that the external wastegate decided to 'Retire' whilst on the rolling road, all was going well then suddenly all boost died off.

Turbo is fine but all it leads to the external wastegate, wouldnt suprise me though as the wastegate was probably on its way out. I have no option but replace it, but i suppose what have saved further delay is the fact that i have a spare external wastegate that i wil attempt to fit tomorrow.

Mid way through though he had it at around 221bhp aft so it looks promising but couldnt complete mapping as the gate decided to play up.

Looks like il be very busy tomorrow lol.

Last edited:

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
Thats a shitter Dane but atleast it was making some promising figures before the wastegate went tits and you have a replacement so it should be an easy fix.

Fingers crossed for next time mate.

Dane_Bristol

Member +
I wish it was easy, i have to drop the whole turo kit tomorrow again and undo everything in order to get to 1 Bolt lol, going to take a while thats foresure.

Dane_Bristol

Member +
So ready for Round 2 lol going up there tomorrow hopefully it all holds out just fine then i can finally boost the car properly. Will post RR graphs when i get back if all goes well.

Dane_Bristol

Member +
Results are in,

Done pretty well i though car pulls really really hard. Overall i am happy with it.
Here are the graphs:

222.9 ATF with around 217 FPT
IMG_1583.jpg

186.4 ATW and the AFR readings.
IMG_1584.jpg

A video that as made:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tmG0nkj6K8