Should I sell Sushi or keep her?

• Sell Sell Sell

Votes: 20 32.3%
  • Keep Keep Keep

Votes: 42 67.7%

• Total voters

Toymota

Member +
Most of you know ive been in 2 minds whether to keep Sushi or sell her on. Im still undecided so thought id do a pointless poll to see what everyone thinks.
So, vote away!

sx_turbo

Lifer
think of it as a relationship, if your thinking of selling up as often as you have been then maybe its time to move on?

on the other hand though, you put a lot of time and effort into it, only for some ding bat to buy it and trash it.

Craig_GT

Lifer
I am in same situation at the mo!

I had a guy out test drive mine yest and offer me cash-£200 more than i asked for, but i just couldnt!

Craig

Toymota

Member +
in all honesty, its not so much the car im bored with. its more the scene and certain events that have happened that have put me off owning a starlet and make me wonder if i really want to be a part of that world anymore

rb69

Member +
Keep it locked up somewhere, its mint now so in a few more years time it will get you more money maybe. Take it out for a blast now and then to blow the cobwebs off it. On the other hand if you want the money for it now I can understand why you want to sell up. Just don't sell it to some tool who's gonna put it in the back of a bus.

sx_turbo

Lifer
in all honesty, its not so much the car im bored with. its more the scene and certain events that have happened that have put me off owning a starlet and make me wonder if i really want to be a part of that world anymore

hmmmm fair enough, i can understand some of what your saying, there is a few gimps around in the starlet scene, but on the whole most people are good.

im just sorry that the starlet scene is getting bad and making people leave it

Monkfish

Member +
If you're doubting for reasons other than to upgrade to something faster, you'll sell.

Personally, I'm not regretting getting the Puma and I can't wait to get the Starlet fixed and shifted to be honest. The Love has gone for me and it'll take a lot to get it back. :(

Toymota

Member +
have you had many problems with your car though monkfish?

see my glanza has never given me any problems. its never broken down or let me down and i still love it. the only other car i know i would be happy with is an evo but its a hell of a lot more expensive than the glanza.

sx_turbo

Lifer
If you're doubting for reasons other than to upgrade to something faster, you'll sell.

Personally, I'm not regretting getting the Puma and I can't wait to get the Starlet fixed and shifted to be honest. The Love has gone for me and it'll take a lot to get it back. :(

i can imagine having reliable motoring is a god send for you

Monkfish

Member +
have you had many problems with your car though monkfish?

see my glanza has never given me any problems. its never broken down or let me down and i still love it. the only other car i know i would be happy with is an evo but its a hell of a lot more expensive than the glanza.
I have had countless faults and have spent a small fortune keeping her on the road. I've just had enough. What are your reasons for thinking about selling up?

i can imagine having reliable motoring is a god send for you
It is indeed. It's only been a few weeks, but so far nothing is squeaking, rattling or making any other funky noises. Insurance is near half, although petrol is much the same as the Starlet, a bit better if I drive her like she's a Ming Vase. :p

Toymota

Member +
id rather not go into reasons why im disliking the starlet scene at the moment as its personal but it is serious enough to make me want to leave and be apart of something else which is a real shame.

i think the urge to keep the glanza is still slightly stronger than the urge to sell. i always think ill put it up for sale and then as soon as i get interest, i have doubts. does that show im not ready to let go? maybe if i wait a bit longer, until ive paid my debts off, i can afford to keep the glanza and get an evo. but then my circumstances might change again in that time.

Rick

Trader
Sell it, get an Evo 5...Job done!!!

I've not regretted getting the Evo for 1 second, even though I'm having to spend £1200 on a new clutch within a month of getting it.

Trust me you would not regret getting an Evo, they are so much fun and the running costs are not as expensive as I first thought either. Just expect to get 180 miles out of a 50 litre tank but a MASSIVE smile on your face:)

Toymota

Member +
thats the problem though. i have a house to run too and couldnt afford to spend £1200 if a clutch went or something. im trying to weight up the options! lol.

Gee

Member +

I get the same feeling some times...but ya know what..fuck em is what I say. Ignore all the shit the go's on love and do what makes you happy.

On another note, I really want a S2000 and always thing about selling up. But I have spent so much money on the car and there is loads more I want to do, I feel I should just keep it!

If someone offered me the right money, I'd be very tempted.

Mike@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.Tuning
i think the urge to keep the glanza is still slightly stronger than the urge to sell. i always think ill put it up for sale and then as soon as i get interest, i have doubts. does that show im not ready to let go?
Kinda sums it up, personally i'd get another forged engine, and drop that in

End of the day the decision has got to be made by you...

Rick

Trader
Yeah I know exactly where you are coming from. £1200 is not just spare change I have lying around, I'm going to have to sell things and also do the rest on the credit card but there is no way I would consider getting rid of the Evo because of this.

Unfortunately the clutch is one of the most expensive items to go, and it's only costing me so much because I have decide to do it properly and go down the route of an Exedy twin plate supplied and fitted by the same people. Once the plates need replacing it would be approx £700 to replace the plates again including fitting. That's not too far away from normal cars really.

Other than that, prices are not too far away from Starlet bits....apart from the fuel.

Toymota

Member +
what is it that is so expensive about the clutch? is it the clutch itself or the fitting??
also, if i bought an evo, think id buy one with the clutch already done hehe

Kelly

Member +
think of it as a relationship, if your thinking of selling up as often as you have been then maybe its time to move on?

thats a good comparison. If there is more doubt than joy then sell but only you can decide.

Its good to sell if you can move on to something bigger and better , must be hard to sell for the ppl that cant do this.

All i can see/say is that you joined the evo forum over a year ago wanting an evo, so its obviously a long term want/desire. And not just a passing phase?!

If your in no rush come to some of the shows etc and see how you feel or just come out for drives in the glanza.