keirz hybrid glanza dyno result, analysis please

keirz

Member +
went on the dyno at rs tuning at the yorkshire RR day. quite happy with the result as i know there is more power in it, i only ran it at a bar instead of 1.2bar. plus i have a crappy filter and pipework on there. here are some pics and graphs

dd001-1.jpg

dd003-1.jpg

dd005-1.jpg

dd.jpg

dd027.jpg

196.1 bhp and 182ftlb torque @ 1 bar

engine spec.....
keirz spec hybrid ct9
jam ecu
zisco mani
zep decat
filter relocated to front
hdi fmic
blitz nur spec
hks actuator at 1 bar boost
magnacore 8.5mm leads and ngk plugs

im looking for a bit on analisis on the graphs as im no expert but the tuner was very impressed and said it was pretty much perfect. this is on the JAM ecu

opinions?

Chris@CCM

Member +
the afr is not bad mate tho with a e manage u would be able to get a better tune . still nice hp for all the mods u have

Dane_Bristol

Member +
It suprises me because if you look at abbots graph and the size of his turbo you can see there is actually nothing in it to 120bhp atf and then at 180 bhp the bigger turbo has got there a whole 1000rpm sooner than your hybrid.

Just goes to show that a Hybrid CT9 is not always what its cracked up to be Abbots turbo spools the same.

Sorry just analysing graphs latey and actually all the hype about CT9 hybrids being the fastest spooling is not as we can see the case.

Take a look at Abbots graph for example you will see what i am saying.

Nice result though mate.

dac69er

Super Moderator
^^^^ i can definitely notice the difference in spool time on my hybrid. i reckon its not a million miles from a td04 from memory.

fuelling looks ok.

max torque is pretty decent but the rest of the torque curve isnt great

Dane_Bristol

Member +
I am not generalising here just saying that its not always a Hybrid CT9 turbo that is the supposedly fastest spooler etc.

starbogt

Member +
might be down to the fact Keirz is only controlling boost with the actuator and you can get better spool with gain adjustment from a electronic boost controller.

keirz

Member +
yeah ive been told i can get boost a hell of a lot sooner with a well set up ebc.

im happy with the power and the way it goes on road, gonna turn the boost up a touch, change the filter and get a power run somewhere else as there was a lot of discrepencys with other peoples power figures on the day.

Kelly

Member +
Good result :) main thing is your happy with it :D

But i totally agree with what Dane is saying, i've seen lots of different hybrid ct9 set ups and i have to say i am not willing to put up with that much lag for a ct9 .

ChrisGT

Member +
Nice result mate! Good HP figure but strangely I made more torque than that on my CT9 at 1Bar (but then mine is some wierd frankenstein-esque creation! lol)

herbie

Member +
Good result and fueling looks fine.

Only other thing I can comment on is my hybrid reached maximum torque and BHP a lot sooner than your hybrid.
Im using an EBC, might be worth you fitting one?

sx_turbo

Lifer
i think the jam ecu is strangling it mate.

its a good figure dont get me wrong but i think theres more in that, the a/f is ok but could be better imo. and an ebc will help bring the boost in quicker also.

the difference may well be marginal though

how's it feel?

JGT

Member +
Nice figure, sorry to go off topic but did you see a white MR2 Turbo there with Tom'S kit, bronze wheels etc? I just noticed that one of the guys in your pics was the guy that purchased my car from me.

keirz

Member +
yeah i think there was an mr2 there. with a rear airscoop thing?

yeah im happy with the way it goes on road. is effortless and pulls really hard from the second the turbo spools. the lag isnt even noticable at all, i will be happy to take anyone out for a spin in it so they can see for themselves. its stranged to me that people are saying its laggy when on road that is not the case at all!

with an e manage it would be much better i agree. and an ebc will be looked into too.

Dane_Bristol

Member +
its stranged to me that people are saying its laggy when on road that is not the case at all!

That's exactly it mate when you look at the graph it paints a picture that is sometimes not totally accurate as the car can perform a whole lot different on the road.

I say the main thing is you are happy with it, that is all that counts.

Idrees

Banned
Nice figure, sorry to go off topic but did you see a white MR2 Turbo there with Tom'S kit, bronze wheels etc? I just noticed that one of the guys in your pics was the guy that purchased my car from me.
Yeah I saw that, looked awesome with those Weds on it. I think it was a staff car as it was parked on the side, so the one you recognise probably works there.

keirz

Member +
yeah im happy with how it is on road. due to the other mods i have it puts the power down very well. there is room for improvement and i will be doing that soon.

the only thing that is concerning me is the torque dropping off as it does, any ideas to the reason behind that?

Gee

Member +
Nice to meet you Keirz, sweet Glanza you got there and the turbo put out a good figure too.

Your using a JAM ECU?

There was a MASSIVE thread on these pre programed 'self learning' ECU's that really opened up my eyes to them. Better than I thought, but I would still have a piggyback ECU mapped to the car any day other a JAM/SARD/Blitz.

Sham's A/F was all other the place and he uses one of these ECU's.

keirz

Member +
yeah good meeting you too mate. your car looked sweet to, would have been nice to see it on the rollers.

the JAM ecu is really hit and miss, the bloke said that mine was pretty much bang on and there wasnt really that much room for improvement. and i beleive he also comented on akkis car being mapped very well. he was on the JAM too. i guess if you know what the one you are buying is mapped for its not as much a gamble. i was told mine was mapped for 1.2 bar on a hybrid, so its close to my own set up, hence i took the gamble.

may look into e manage in the future though

TurboDave

Member +
Jumping to the defence of the hybrids :p,

It totally depends on how they are spec'd here are my graphs from January on Thors hub rollers. Bare in mind it is only 1 bar, figures are at the wheels and I only just about made it home with 2 cracked pistons and oil all over my engine bay.

The car was breathing very heavily on the way to Thor so the results are not spectacular, but wait until my new graphs are here on this turbo on my forged block at 1.4 bar :).

scan0003-1.jpg

scan0001-1.jpg