KYB Excel-Gs Vs. Kayaba SR Specials

Idrees

Banned
Hi guys,

I have a choice from the two shockers mentioned above.

I am quite happy with my Excel-Gs although they are fairly stiff in a bouncy way which I suppose isn't a bad thing? But seen as though I can swap for the SR Specials I thought I'd ask if anyone can speak frome experience from using the two?

I can test the SRs out but they have different springs to mine and I guess it wouldn't be a fair comparison in that way.

Should I stick with what I have already got, or will the SRs be an improvement?

Thanks guys.

hardcoreep

Member +
The ExelG are gas replacements. The NewSR are the start of the KYB performance damper line up. There is no comparision between them.

sx_turbo

Lifer
The ExelG are gas replacements. The NewSR are the start of the KYB performance damper line up. There is no comparision between them.

x2 to that man there.

the excel g is basicly just a standard shock. they are slightly better than the toyota shock as they are gas filled instead of oil filled, but still no where near the same league as the sr shock

Jay

Admin
As above. Super SR's all the way. The general rule of the thumb is that if you can get JDM KYB performance units get them. Usually much better than coilovers in realworld driving.

Idrees

Banned
Awesome, thanks guys. I hope they make a good pair with my TRD springs. Or should I say my so called "TRD Springs", I dunno what the hell they are!