Le Mans 2008

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
I know it's 9 months off but I think it would be great to get as many of us going down as we can. This thread is to gauge interest and I will be willing to organise the whole thing. This will be the weekend of 14th and 15th June 2008 but I plan to go out on 10th and return on the 16th to fully enjoy the atmosphere. The plan is to keep the price as low as possible and so we always use the provided camp sites which have decent facilities and there is access to a huge supermarket only a few miles away. Beer is cheap as hell and is quite tasty. Some of you may have seen the pictures from the trip I organised this year which were posted on the old site, I'm not sure whether they are still there. I will put a provisional price of £120 for camping and ferry and this is to be shared between all the occupants of the car so it's a very cheap week away. The price will not include entrance to the race track as some people only go for the atmosphere, but these are readily available at official points in the campsite or (obviously) the main gate. I will be lookin to start on this in the next month or so and deposits will be needed to secure places. It's being done so far in advance because then we can be sure that we can all get the same ferry etc if we get a lot of people interested. Please copy and paste your name below if you are interested, but only if your seriously interested!

Can you put down your car under number and not members, so if 2 members are in one car put it under the same number.

1) Starlet_Sam

Last edited:

goldenvtr

Member +
1) Starlet_Samantha
2) Rikko
3)Goldenvtr

If your coming try to stay clear of rikko at nite time, hes a tent rapist

riko666

Member +
I was only banned for 6 months, so by December I'll be fine :p...still need to get my licence back though....And yeah, I managed to spend around 300 Euros or so...I only used 2 or so tanks of petrol for the entire thing

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
See it's really quite cheap and a fantastic week, even when Riko comes! Stop your jibba jabba and put your name down.

ped87

Member +
1) Starlet_Samantha
2) Rikko
3)Goldenvtr
4)Ped87

sounds good my mates did it last year but i didnt have the money

Elaine

Lifer
1) Starlet_Samantha
2) Rikko
3)Goldenvtr
4)Ped87
5)GT_Elaine

Up for this as long as i still have the Starlet :)

Streetech

Member +
1) Starlet_Samantha (The big Gay)
2) Rikko
3)Goldenvtr
4)Ped87
5)GT_Elaine
6)Streetech

Camp site
DSC00535.jpg

Friday Pit Walk
DSC00522.jpg

sx_turbo

Lifer
1) Starlet_Samantha (The big Gay)
2) Rikko
3)Goldenvtr
4)Ped87
5)GT_Elaine
6)Streetech
7) sx_turbo

i wonder how many people will back out?

Streetech

Member +
If you like anything to do with cars or racing you need to be at Le Mans.

Starlet_sam, Riko666 and Goldenvtr
DSC00466.jpg

DSC00501.jpg

DSC00520.jpg

sx_turbo

Lifer
liking the aston,

the only thing thats worrying me is that we dont really know each other, and what happens if we dont like each other? lol

riko666

Member +
i didn't know anyone when I went...and now we're pretty chummy...but when a man and another man gets so close to one another like we did at Le Mans...well...you can't help but be (bum) chums ;):p

goldenvtr

Member +
liking the aston,

the only thing thats worrying me is that we dont really know each other, and what happens if we dont like each other? lol

we're a frienly buch, i had only knew sam and pete out of the 7 of us, i doubt there would be any conflict in meeting a new person in a week lol we all in it for the same reason so cant see there being a problem, and rikko didnt really know us that well but he came along and got on well, even if he is a shirt lifter.

riko666

Member +
you were the shirt liftee though, so don't act as if you weren't a part of it :p - note to self, must bring mud tyres for the car. Oh, and prospective Le Mans-ites...bring Mini-motos...I was the only one without one, and as such, very left out :(