LSD GEARBOX- how will i know!?

smartman

Fresh Recruit
LSD help

How would I know that a gearbox has LSD other than just turning the disks and c that both turn at the same time??

deadly_b16

Fresh Recruit
Lsd

Hi there was wondering how do i find out if my Glanza has LSD??...might sound kinda stupid but alot of people are asking me this and i have no idea!

Thanks

deadly_b16

Fresh Recruit
i heard if you jack the car up and turn one tyre by hand the other will turn in the opposite direction!....this true?

Idrees

Banned
I've heard that one too^

Also I've heard you should see some sort of green component on the gearbox?

And it should make some sort of clicking noises when going around corners?

Don't count on my information, let one of the experts explain. Its just what I remember reading on here :)

Glanza-V

Banned
i heard if you jack the car up and turn one tyre by hand the other will turn in the opposite direction!

thats one way...

Other way...

Do a Launch 4k revs.. . aka wheel spin for chavvys

both car tyres should leeve EQUAL MARKS... starting from same point and ending at same point!

Aidan-G

Member +
have a look at the plate where your chassis code is..if you see c56 at the end that usually means you have lsd..i think:p

Glanza-V

Banned
both car tyres should leeve EQUAL MARKS... starting from same point and ending at same point!

something liek this

090720071461.jpg

Rory

Lifer
Jack the car up, turn one wheel one way and the other should follow suit.

If you have an open diff, then they will spin in opposite directions from one another.

dan_ep82

Member +
as rory said with lsd they will both turn same direction and u shud be able to hold one and the other will still turn but with tension

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
Jack the car up, turn one wheel one way and the other should follow suit.

If you have an open diff, then they will spin in opposite directions from one another.

Unless its in gear mine turn independantly

deadly_b16

Fresh Recruit
aonther thing does having an LSD improve handling??....because i have put my GT into tight corners in the wet and it does not slide or spin grips all the way around.

Rich

Member +
Lsd

This might sound stupid but is there any way of knowing if the diff is a limited slip without seeing inside it because apparently i've got a trd lsd but i dont wanna believe it til i know.

Thanks

G

gaz_turbo1

only one answer for this, jacked one side of car up and see if you can spin wheel round if it dont spin round you have

Rich

Member +
take it off it is then, the cars being stripped so its out of the question lol, thanks though mate.

Jdmboy

Fresh Recruit
i have a question, i have a glanza v and it the one without the optional lsd. If later one i want to put one in, would i have to change the gearbox over to one with an lsd or can i just buy an lsd and install in into my gearbox which doesnt have one

riko666

Member +
you can only install an Aftermarket LSD into the gearbox that DOESN'T have an LSD as standard, so you'll be fine

v1kkm

Fresh Recruit
Hi guys, mate is having a look at a glanza on monday and was needing some advice on how he would know if it has an 'LSD Gearbox' ?? Any tips or advice on what would prove it? thanks