manifold and decat.

widdo

Member +
i bought a manifold recently, when it was fitted it blew like a twat, its cracked inside i think. so i need a new one asap as its being rolling roaded at the end of month. any suggestions and links?

also a decat/straight pipe to backbox? i still have cat and centre box on the car.

will these make much difference?

cheers

sx_turbo

Lifer
you will need to speak to dave burwash or toby for these, fella.

also you have posted this in the wrong section, it should be in the wanted section.

widdo

Member +
i wasnt sure where to post it mate, because i was more after advice and links that could have been offsite related

cheers

sx_turbo

Lifer
if the manifold was cracked you would be able to see it. did you replace the gaskets? are the bolts done up correctly?

the decat will be very very worth while.

widdo

Member +
mechanic fitted it for me mate, so was all done right.

he sed before it was fitted it was fucked. cracked inside so there is no way itr can be welded.

yeh i deffo wanna decat, how do i go bout mot?

WallaceGlanza

Member +
I've got one of dave burwashes stainless mani's, it cracked too but I just had it professionally rewelded. I'm gonna put a for sale thread up tommorow when I take it off, it'll be £160 if your intersted?

widdo

Member +
im shopping round for one at the mo mate so i might be. no offence but its down to trust these days. i bought gt-jays last tym and it was a bag of wank lol

WallaceGlanza

Member +
im shopping round for one at the mo mate so i might be. no offence but its down to trust these days. i bought gt-jays last tym and it was a bag of wank lol

I totally understand that mate. As I said this one cracked but has been rewelded buy an exhaust shop and should be stronger, obviously I couldn't gaurantee that it wont crack again in the long term but its running fine on the car at the moment.

widdo

Member +
ok mate il have a shop around then let u no tommorow

what advantages are gained from it?

i have hks actuator and fcd. and induction kit on at the mo. will this make much difference? also will a decat?

WallaceGlanza

Member +
ok mate il have a shop around then let u no tommorow

what advantages are gained from it?

i have hks actuator and fcd. and induction kit on at the mo. will this make much difference? also will a decat?

The decat will make a good difference and the mani will too, I hated driving mine with the standard one again. You won't notice much of a difference below 4500rpm with the mani but get above that and the car pulls so much stronger and with mine the exhaust note changed and became much more aggressive too:D

Both mani and decat together will add a good bit of torque and power.

widdo

Member +
sounds good then, sorry to be a pain but any advice on what decat? and wil it be a prob as i still have the centre box thing?

cheers again

sx_turbo

Lifer
if you have an uprated cat back exhaust then having a centre box in the system wont make much difference.

your car might and might not pass mot with a decat its a bit hit and miss on that year of car.

you would be best getting any braced decat. it must be braced as either the decat will crack or the mani will crack without it.