manifold question

gavgts

Member +
manifold question quick response needed

Hi guys if i take my heat shield off and put an uprated mani of will it melt the black pipe runing over top

also if i put a mani and decat do i need to do anything else

Last edited:

sx_turbo

Lifer
gav you will need to do plenty of other things to go with it.

if you put a mani and decat on you need to port the wastegate on the turbo.

you also need to sort the fuelling. as you already have a jam fcd, it would be best to get an rrfpr at the very least aswell.

and then get it all setup on the rollers.

gavgts

Member +
so if i didnt do all that what would happen and what is the rrfpr How much are they

sorry bit of a dumb shit

also what sort of gains is there

and why do i need to port the waste gate on the turbo

TomS

Lifer
You only need to port the wastegate if you're getting boost creep.

I've seen a good few people with uprated manifolds and the standard efi pipe in place so i doubt the heat will melt it.

glanzasteve

Fresh Recruit
ive got a ss mani and down pipe with the black pipe, and standard turbo, runs fine. the pipe des get fairly hot tho, is what i want to get rid of next, guess i will have to wait untill i get a fmic

riko666

Member +
Have boost creep? Get a JAM Racing Actuator:

barry-scott.jpg

Dan3SGTE

Member +
you'll only need to mess around with fuel "really" if your going to up the air intake by a fair amount into the engine. In other words if your uping your boost and you dont wana run lean then you'll need to adjust your fuel pressure. otherwise your risking blowing your engine mate.

riko666

Member +
as has been mentioned, just get an uprated actuator (The JAM ones really do pwn), Adjustable RRFPR (if you don't have an Uprated ECU), FCC (again, if you don't have an aftermarket ECU), then run at a bar of boost...rather than do it in steps

sx_turbo

Lifer
right forget what everyone has said.

you need an rrfpr at least these cost about £100.

you need to get rid of the manifold aswell.

if you get rid of the catalytic converter, then chances are you will have to port the wastegate. you need to port the wastegate if you suffer boost creep.

now you might not suffer boost creep but as you have to take the turbo off to fit the mani, and you have to take the turbo off to port the waste gate you may aswell just do this anyway.

if you dont do these modifications, and still run the engine at 1bar boost you WILL either break the piston rings or even break the piston itself in cylinder number 3 at least.

i had my car 2 weeks and blew the engine after running the same mods as you.

except i done piston 1,2 aswell as 3.

to everyone else, gav already has a jam actuator.

sx_turbo

Lifer
to everyone else, gav already has a jam actuator.

have i lol[/QUOTE]

lol yes gav lol

it looks like stock but runs 1 bar. it may be a TOM'S actuator, but mor than likely a jam one seeing as you have a JAM fcc aswell.

also when looking at your car i couldnt see any form of boost controller, so i am assumng you have a jam actuator lol