manual boost controller on stock actuator

dark_knight

Member +
i've been thinking of better boost control but i currently only have the OEM actuator as getting HKS or similar locally is a bit of a tall order. because of the weakening actuator spring due to age, i have bent the arm back slightly to give more tension on the WG, and it works great as i'm holding higher boost better than it used to before. i however would like to consider a MBC. i know the stock actuator is the bleed-type actuator -- where charge pressure from the turbo charge side is channeled through the actuator and out via the exhaust nipple on it. so now the question is, will a MBC work ok with the stock 'bleed-type' actuator..?

AdamB

Member +
MBC are a waste of time from the ones i've seen if im honest. They very rarely hold boost steady.

dark_knight

Member +
boost creep

AdamB, maybe you've been handling all the wrong ones.. :D lol. so what do you run then since you say they are a waste of time..?
i do agree with aidan though on the fact that creep may be an issue but isn't there always a catch with all the mods we do..? :) hehe

dark_knight

Member +
i know aidan. they also cost about as much as 3 heart transplants.. :) hehe ..& i don't have the float funding available for that. will make do with a MBC for now..

AdamB

Member +
AdamB, maybe you've been handling all the wrong ones.. :D lol. so what do you run then since you say they are a waste of time..?
i do agree with aidan though on the fact that creep may be an issue but isn't there always a catch with all the mods we do..? :) hehe

My friend had a turbosmart one on his td04 glanza, and it was terrible, it took an age to spool, and didn't hold boost at all well. Told him to turn it down before he caused damage.