MASSIVE FMIC probs!!!

Tony Harrison

Member +
Ok im gettin a bit pissed off right now.

Have a look at these pics please.....

Thers is a about a 2" gap between the pipe coming off the turbo to the pipe coming from underneath, and only just lines up at a bloody squeeze.

THEN the pipe from the intake mani goes right the fuck over where the bottom radiator hose goes into the thermostat.

Whether its because its an Autobahn kit or not i dont know, but all the pipes cant fit any otherway (i cant see how).

QZ7QE3YUXGOiQ6j+MBGKjYq9CE6KOD0P0300.jpg

Nk-sSh9b+17e1oJKvg10ke2Cu2Y4BePf0300.jpg

uKtqMkRwVTfw2fyd6jCN66Epnv1-r8Gi0300.jpg

l5BRkx0sXiLqRSrzceVyvZHoVH35HWtM0300.jpg

ZyOeOABg57ODCuAbtrgvtVaf6O5vq6jC0300.jpg

lVZ+Tx3RGVl6qkD5dqbAVoPhYyaueZwd0300.jpg

The fuck am i supposed to do now?

dave-izzle

Member +
another poorly crafted piece of kit from autobahn then. there's nothing you really can do, apart from having a massive gap between pipes inside the rubber joiners, if you know what i mean

We have fitted loads of these and they are a bit fiddly. The biggest mistake people make is tightening one pipe then trying to fit the next etc. Fit the complete kit loosely then you will be able to move each pipe accordingly to fit :)

ryan_v

Lifer
best u can do is probly get a longer bit of silicone or loosen the other ends of the pipe at the jubilee clips and slide them down as far as u can, see if that closes the gaps any

speedvision

Member +
i have fitted a few of these kits and you have to do what dave said..do not tighten up the clamps until u dont have all the pipes and hoses together...i know they do fit ...

sam

Jay

Admin
The cooler should only be fastened once all the pipes are in place and tightly secured mate.

Try loosening off the cooler then getting the pipes fitted up first.

Jay

Tony Harrison

Member +
Ah cheers for your comments guys, i will take it all on board when i have another bash at it tomoro, just hope it doesnt foul to much on the rad hose in the end tho, but thanks again peeps!

ChrisW

Lifer
Have you attached the pipe bracket to the car, as in the long pipe that runs under the turbo? In my experience if you have, then there is no way you will join that pipe in your pics. The only way I managed it was forgetting the bracket tbh.

Lornce

Member +
Also i would recommend you get a stronger jubilee clip to connect the part your trying to fit in the pics as in my experience it always blows off when you boot it! tis rather annoying!!!!

briggers

Member +
just a word of advice as i have the exact same style fmic and its just trial and error.

but this is what you have to be carefull of. arrow number one will rub against the fan circle diamater bit(shit explanation but you will work it out) as it cuts into the pipework if left rested on it so make a clearance. and number 2 will rub against the middle of the radiator fan as there are little bits that stick out in the middle of the fan only tiny bits but they were working there way through my pipe luckily i found it soon enough.

just trying to help a fellow member out.

intercoolerpipesuggestion.jpg

madman

Member +
We have fitted loads of these and they are a bit fiddly. The biggest mistake people make is tightening one pipe then trying to fit the next etc. Fit the complete kit loosely then you will be able to move each pipe accordingly to fit :)

thats the only way to do it as i found out the hard way.. just be patient and it will hopefully slot in to place

WillGT

Member +
i have the japspeed version of this kit and i recommend whats been said go get i bigger pieace of silcone for the pipe where the gap is and get better clamps i did this on the weekend because it kept blowing off when i gave it some heavy boost, your'll have to physically pull the pipes together aswell, after abit of effort should be fine mate.

weeJohn

Lifer
Have you mounted the cooler to far over towards the passengers side? If it was further across to the drivers side, the 2 pipes would be closer to lining up and you could bring the outlet pipe up at a straighter angle and miss the thermocouple housing.

If not, it looks like if you cut a bit of length off that bottom pipe going into the cooler, that will allow the pipe that rises up to move to the right and join up.

Rik

Member +
I've not had this problem with my kit, but i can tell you that the piping does rub, especially now i have my alu rad on, its a tight fit for the pipes so they are just left resting against bits which cuts into the pipes :( Need to get some custom piping made up really now that i've got rid of aircon but just be careful of holes wearing through!