** meant to be getting a car the weekend**

sx_turbo

Lifer
hi

im meant to be going to look at a new car tomorrow, and more than likely i will be buying it.

i've only just managed to get the reg number as its a fresh import, so i just phoned th insurance to get the car insured for me to drive it home, and they said they cant insure me as the department is closed today.

im really pissed off and upset.

im travelling a long way to go look at this car and this is the only time i can travel this far to go look at it.

what do i do?

i am travelling most the distance by train, to my girlfriends up in lincoln, as she is at uni there.

and she is gonna drive me to bradford.

i only need to get the car from bradford, to lincoln, so i can sort the insurance out on monday, then drive the rest of the way home to essex.

my gf cant drive other cars on her policy, and nor can i which is rather flipping annoying.

dave-izzle

Member +
if you're fully comp, you should be able to drive the car regardless? that's if you were fully comp of course... which i'm assuming your not?

and nah, i never heard of your missus lol. Horses and stuff eh? God they do degrees for everything lol

sx_turbo

Lifer
if you're fully comp, you should be able to drive the car regardless? that's if you were fully comp of course... which i'm assuming your not?

and nah, i never heard of your missus lol. Horses and stuff eh? God they do degrees for everything lol

lol yeah i think they do.

i am fully comp, but because of my age being 22, and only having 1yrs no claims they wont insure me for other cars.

tobiah

Member +
norrwich union website says....

Vehicle Criteria:
To qualify for short term insurance, the vehicle must:

be registered in Great Britain, Northern Ireland or the Isle of Man.
have a current market value of less than £40,000.
have no more than 8 seats (including the driver’s.
not have been imported

and

Vehicles that have undergone any post manufacturer ‘after market fit’ modification (cosmetic or performance related) are NOT ACCEPTABLE.

Gee

Member +
Yeah, you'll find most one day insurance companys are the same..will not accept modification.

Why not take someone down with you who has fully comp insurance and is over 25? They are then most likely aboe to drive any car 3rd party.

storey

Member +
when you drive another car under your own policy that other vehicle still needs to be insured elsewhere the cover on your insurance to drive any other vehicle doesn't work like that other wise you would have loads of kids insuring a fiesta and driving round in a cossie.

be careful guys lots of people get stung like this every year. always check with ya insurance. to drive other vehicles which aren't insured elsewhere you would need a traders policy with trade plates.