MegaSquirt Engine Management Systems

billybob

Untrusted Seller
MegaSquirt Engine Management Systems anybody ever use them for there cars if so are they as good as the emu s

billybob

Untrusted Seller
MegaSquirt Engine Management Systems anybody ever use them for there cars if so are they as good as the emu s

http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/-c-41.html

MegaSquirt-II Engine Management System w/PCB3 - Assembled Unit [MS230-C] $410.00 $399.00

MegaSquirt-II Engine Management System w/PCB3.0
Assembled Unit Part # MS230-C

This MS230-C unit is fully assembled using the genuine B&G partial kit with PCB3.0 and all available circuitry options as listed:

All 'Basic Components'
PWM Flyback Damping Circuit components
Hall Sensor/Coil(-) and VR Sensor Ignition Trigger Components
IGBT High Current Ignition Driver Components
Current Limiting Circuit Components
That's right, every single option to enable every single feature this great ECU has to offer.

The MegaSquirt 2 Standalone EMS is the latest product from Bowling and Grippo. Truly the dream ECU computer for the DIYer. This latest rendition can control fuel, ignition, stepper motor IAC, and more for your turbo, supercharged, or naturally aspirated engine. More information about MegaSquirt-II can be found at http://www.megasquirt.info/ms2.

MegaSquirt II includes all of the features and benefits of the original...
Onboard MAP sensor for NA or boosted engines up to 21psi!
Speed density or Alpha-N.
Use any injector - High or Low impedance.
Compatible with output from narrowband and wideband O2 sensors.
Log data on your laptop for later analysis.
Tuning software is free for download and regularly updated with new features.
Open Source design - all code and hardware information is available online.
Includes proper female DB37 connector and shell for building your wiring harness.

Additional Features new to the MegaSquirt-II
24 MHz HCS12 processor,
Fuel control to 1 µsec (100 times more resolution than MegaSquirt-I),
Ignition control (full spark timing advance control, dwell control, etc) for one coil/distributor (7 pin HEI for example) and Ford's EDIS systems,
On-board stepper motor driver for IAC stepper control (we install the jumpers for this by default)

Ford PWM idle valve firmware support,
Built-in rev limiter, either 'fuel cut' or 'spark retard',
All tables are now 12×12 in size,
WBO2 AFR target table (in AFR units),
Independent dual-tables for VE and AFR target,
EGO feedback in wide-band mode is proportional to the difference between the measured AFR and the target AFR, the bigger the difference, the bigger the feedback step,
Spark advance table can have different rpm and kpa bins than VE and AFR tables,
115,200 baud serial interface with MegaTune2.25+,
CANbus networking
Barometric correction amount and direction configurable in software, and provisions for:
barometric correction based on initial MAP reading,
independent 2nd barometric MAP sensor for continuous real-time baro correction, or
no baro correction.
TPS values for open loop and flood clear mode are user configurable,
MAP based open loop can be set as well as TPS,
Both TPS and MAP based accel enrichment is built into the code, you can configure the ratio of each,
Blended Alpha-N and speed density is an option,
2 spare I/O lines for custom controls. (This is in addition to 4 lines for Idle stepper control if you don't need this, or the Fast idle solenoid then becomes a spare if you do use a stepper motor

Last edited:
I used one for my 106 gti, I'm trying to get the guy that made it for them to make them for the starbo's.

He'd be a good addition to the scene for sure.

billybob

Untrusted Seller
can you not just buy them from the dealer itself made up dont get ya on that can ya explain a little more cheers

350ep70gr

Member +

Fur,ToyotaT23,scatman,fussman had run the ms.
Me very soon (after finishing the rebuilt). And possibly sheldon will go to this direction.If you need to know anything that might know sent me a pm and i will try to help.

Chris

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
yes im probably going megasquirt. im still in two minds if i build it myself (less money and would be a nice little project for me) or get it already assembled and put out more money.

can you not just buy them from the dealer itself made up dont get ya on that can ya explain a little more cheers

yeah you can if you know what you need for the car. But he made it plug and play and also helped on how to tune it, I never got that good as I sold that car before I could get to grips with it lol

ran like a bag of shite lol But that was no fault of the ecu, it was because I never got it mapped and never learned how to myself. And I had cams and the usual system and wideband.

Mainly due to not being at home alot so never could confirm a date to get it mapped, and ended up selling before I got round to it, as in a few weeks later due to wanting a different car.

alan_5555

Member +
ran like a bag of shite lol But that was no fault of the ecu, it was because I never got it mapped and never learned how to myself. And I had cams and the usual system and wideband.

Mainly due to not being at home alot so never could confirm a date to get it mapped, and ended up selling before I got round to it, as in a few weeks later due to wanting a different car.

Im not sure if i want to bother doing anything with the 106, how much faster can it get without spending a small fortune on it...have it up for sale anyways :)

billybob

Untrusted Seller
got an email from ms on what youve to answer for them if you want a plug and play kit if someone can give some ans to these questions please

1. Are you looking to control fuel only, ignition only, or fuel and ignition? Is there anything beyond these features that you are looking to control - fans or boost, for example?

2. What type of ignition system does your car run- where is the crank angle sensor (CAS) or distributor trigger wheel and what type is it (Optical/LED Sensor? Hall Sensor? VR Sensor?)

3. How many teeth/windows/slots and what orientation does the CAS, crank trigger, and/or distributor wheel have? (any missing? all evenly spaced?)

4. Is there a distributor? Single/Multiple Coils? Coil on Plug?

5. Does this engine have a fast idle valve (IAC)? If so, how many wires are connected to it? Do you know if it is an on/off, pulse width modulated, thermal, or stepper type?

6. Rate yourself 1-5 on technical confidence in yourself. 1 being "I can't paint by numbers" and 5 being "I can probably build a car from scratch if I have the right documentation, and I'm resourceful enough to do some research and find some of my own answers." I need to know this as some of the 'less traveled' roads will require you to make modifications that in some cases I haven't performed myself yet and based on this response it will help me to know whether this type of solution is for you or not. I challenge you to 'stretch yourself' a little bit. You won't ever learn anything (about yourself and your abilities) if you don't try to do things that you're not quite sure you can do... and then find that you can.

7. Are you looking to build your own ECU from a kit or buy a pre-assembled ECU?

8. Are you open to retrofitting a different ignition system such as the Ford EDIS distributorless system or one of our crank trigger kits if it is determined that the MegaSquirt will not properly (or easily) control your factory ignition system? Many factory systems MegaSquirt can simply take control of, some it cannot. EDIS to the rescue! It's cheap, simple and works great!

If you can cut and paste the above list into an email and answer all questions, it would be very helpful to me. Once I have that information, I can draw up a complete list of what parts you will need.

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
got an email from ms on what youve to answer for them if you want a plug and play kit if someone can give some ans to these questions please

1. Are you looking to control fuel only, ignition only, or fuel and ignition? Is there anything beyond these features that you are looking to control - fans or boost, for example?

2. What type of ignition system does your car run- where is the crank angle sensor (CAS) or distributor trigger wheel and what type is it (Optical/LED Sensor? Hall Sensor? VR Sensor?)

3. How many teeth/windows/slots and what orientation does the CAS, crank trigger, and/or distributor wheel have? (any missing? all evenly spaced?)

4. Is there a distributor? Single/Multiple Coils? Coil on Plug?

5. Does this engine have a fast idle valve (IAC)? If so, how many wires are connected to it? Do you know if it is an on/off, pulse width modulated, thermal, or stepper type?

6. Rate yourself 1-5 on technical confidence in yourself. 1 being "I can't paint by numbers" and 5 being "I can probably build a car from scratch if I have the right documentation, and I'm resourceful enough to do some research and find some of my own answers." I need to know this as some of the 'less traveled' roads will require you to make modifications that in some cases I haven't performed myself yet and based on this response it will help me to know whether this type of solution is for you or not. I challenge you to 'stretch yourself' a little bit. You won't ever learn anything (about yourself and your abilities) if you don't try to do things that you're not quite sure you can do... and then find that you can.

7. Are you looking to build your own ECU from a kit or buy a pre-assembled ECU?

8. Are you open to retrofitting a different ignition system such as the Ford EDIS distributorless system or one of our crank trigger kits if it is determined that the MegaSquirt will not properly (or easily) control your factory ignition system? Many factory systems MegaSquirt can simply take control of, some it cannot. EDIS to the rescue! It's cheap, simple and works great!

If you can cut and paste the above list into an email and answer all questions, it would be very helpful to me. Once I have that information, I can draw up a complete list of what parts you will need.

lmao thats the same they sent me. search on here and you will get the answers

350ep70gr

Member +
think everybody wants them now:):)

Dare to be different....!!!;)

It is chip..it is as fast as the top brand ecu...open code to the programmers..assemply language...support forum...all the feature you may need is there..tested by some really drag monsters..and the most important for me at least is that it is a DIY.

Chris

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
Dare to be different....!!!;)

It is chip..it is as fast as the top brand ecu...open code to the programmers..assemply language...support forum...all the feature you may need is there..tested by some really drag monsters..and the most important for me at least is that it is a DIY.

Chris

yeah i was reading it uses c++, one of the most programing language used in the world. so anyone out there can add to the code or modify and share to the world!

i was planing building the kit as i already told you chris but imm not sure im up to the job to build a full kit.. i dont want to mess it and have to bin it. also would be easyer to get it ready then just wire it and solder or choose jumpers for my setup!