meshed ct9,revs but no go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CaL

meshed my ct9 yesterday.makes the car Sound awesome and peform great bt i have one small issue,after 5 mins of driving in 3rd-4th the car revved(from 3-5k) but felt like we wernt moving-it wasnt my clutch as there was no smell and my dad said didnt feel like its slipping(it shoudnt anyway its an exedy-strong item)what else could this be?could it be boost creep?cheers

C

CaL

lol sucked into turbo haha....nah i havent and what do you guys recon?intercooler pipes are fine lol....

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
If it was boost creep Cal you have more boost and more "go" (although not a good thing.) Is it just 3rd and 4th that are underpowered? It sounds very much like a boost leak to me.

C

CaL

the power went up but the car never went as quick as it should(like clutch was slipping but wasnt) and yeah now ive got rid of my airfilter my boost restrictions have gone lol?

monka

Member +
meshing the filter doesnt gain much any way cal, especially on a standard turbo, running not to much power, i expect you expected more power yet didnt get it so it feels has lost some

villen25

Member +
meshed my ct9 yesterday.makes the car Sound awesome and peform great bt i have one small issue,after 5 mins of driving in 3rd-4th the car revved(from 3-5k) but felt like we wernt moving-it wasnt my clutch as there was no smell and my dad said didnt feel like its slipping(it shoudnt anyway its an exedy-strong item)what else could this be?could it be boost creep?cheers

how doe the mesh look? any pics? improvements?

Jules-B

Member +
yes using mesh over the turbo is just plain silly

the amount of shit your going to get in there is unbelivable.

TurboDave

Member +
You may have a turbo full of mesh now and thats why it isnt boosting.

Removing the efi pipe will release power for definate but it will also give you severe boost creep.

Monkfish

Member +
yes using mesh over the turbo is just plain silly

the amount of shit your going to get in there is unbelivable.
Bollocks. I've been running mesh for a year now with no issues.

Cal, do you have a boost gauge and what is it running at? If it feels like the car is slugish you may be dropping boost rather than creeping.

Last edited:

TurboDave

Member +
It wont be dropping boost with it being meshed up.

How many turbos have you gone through Mike was it 1 or 2?

Monkfish

Member +
How many turbos have you gone through Mike was it 1 or 2?

The CT9b I fitted shit it's pants, but it was the exhaust impellor that went, not the intake. More than likely that was caused by a piece of the badly cracked manifold breaking off and clipping a blade, damaging/weakening it. That coupled with 1 bar compressor stall killed it off after 6k. Nout to do with sucking a stone in. ;)

Chris@CCM

Member +
Bollocks. I've been running mesh for a year now with no issues.

Cal, do you have a boost gauge and what is it running at? If it feels like the car is slugish you may be dropping boost rather than creeping.
ive been runing no fliter for ages now too mate with no probs . telling you cal it was clutch slip ur clutch might be a cheapo from ebay

Monkfish

Member +
telling you cal it was clutch slip

I wouldn't go jumping to conclusions just yet, he's not even told us what level of boost he's running or what it's doing when this creep/slip phenomenon is happening.

Cal, to clear this up, answer my previous question regarding what your boost gauge is reading.

Greg0r

Member +
ive been running mesh for months with no problems at all......

The first type of mesh i used didnt allow enough air through and i had a similar problem didnt feel like it was going anywhere.

then i read the post about the "sausage splatter" and ive never looked back

Chris@CCM

Member +
I wouldn't go jumping to conclusions just yet, he's not even told us what level of boost he's running or what it's doing when this creep/slip phenomenon is happening.

Cal, to clear this up, answer my previous question regarding what your boost gauge is reading.
i was talking to him on msn last nite about this says his revs were going up but car not going any faster it ner has to be a sliping clutch

Status
Not open for further replies.