MG Metro Turbo

Gilly2006

Member +
As some of you know, a good friend of mine owns a Metro turbo, its been quite a challenge to turn it into what it is now.
he took it off the road again and did a full engine rebuild but with a different block as there was too much play in the pistons. anyway after the rebuild and his marriage he wanted to go for something different. so just thought id post up his side mounted turbo.

Photo-00391.jpg

Photo-00401.jpg

Photo-0041.jpg

Photo-00421.jpg

Photo-0043.jpg

just something a little bit different! :)

sx_turbo

Lifer
looks good, im interested to see where he gonna put the intercooler as my mate has one and says he cant find anywhere to put it.

looks awsome though dude

Gilly2006

Member +
can't say without having it R/R'd but it used to fair shift! but no it won't half be quick epecially with an intercooler and relocation of the turbo. the intake temps will drop massively!!

Texx

Super Moderator
The Metro Turbo, one of the most dangerous cars I've ever driven!

Fair play to your mate for putting that much dedication and commitment into one.
Theres no doubt that things gunna shift with a T3 bolted to it.

Have you got any more photos or a link to the car?

Gilly2006

Member +
The Metro Turbo, one of the most dangerous cars I've ever driven!

Fair play to your mate for putting that much dedication and commitment into one.
Theres no doubt that things gunna shift with a T3 bolted to it.

Have you got any more photos or a link to the car?

yeh iv driven it a few times and it flys! torque steers alot as well! hold on i have a link somewhere when he just did the conversion because i posted it up!

lanxter

Member +
has he had a dog box put in it mate?

i bought metro turbo lump for my mini and was told on the owners club the box's are like chocloate by nealy all members.

some of them had a 4.5k gearbox!

Gilly2006

Member +
no he's got a helical box with uprated 4 pin diff, seems to hold up quite nice, and he runs 0.8 bar on the hybrid and it kicks in quite nice. puts you in your seat anyway!

Gilly2006

Member +
u got any proper pics of the car? must be quite nippy

yeh i have on photobucket when it was first done, proper sleeper! il post them up hold on.
here we go very first build with omega pistons,and piper 286 and stage 4 head.
use1.jpg

use3.jpg

old T3 before hybrid.
use4.jpg

use5.jpg

use6.jpg

Last edited: