miss firing on boost!!!

Paul-GlzV

Member +
miss firing on boost!!! now worse?????????

Had chris an jay lookin at the car an can't work this out so postin to see if any1 else has had the same problem. so here goes?

we've changed plugs, dizzy, leads, map sensor and two fcd's which we tho was problem because without an fcd she runs fine but of course she'll hit boost/fuel cut? but connected she'll miss fire around 0.3 then clear an then start to miss around were fuel cut will kick in?????????

also tho i'd add that car is only bk from a rebuild?

can any1 HELP!! i miss my starbo it hasn't been the same since bein rebuilt neva giv trouble be4 :(

Last edited:

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
why not try changing the ecu with someone you know just to test it? cos basicly you changed everything that is realated to a missfire... :S

Paul-GlzV

Member +
was thinkin that last nite myself sheldon but wasn't sure. i'll get a friend round 2nite an giv it a go! whats goin price on standard ep91 ecu's? was plannin on emu but can't afford it til new year?

dac69er

Super Moderator
its obviously the fcd causing the problem if its fine without it and not when its installed. do you get any error codes when checking the ecu for them?

Phil

Super Moderator
when trying the leads did you remember to check the king lead?

just a thought.

Phil

Jay

Admin
when trying the leads did you remember to check the king lead?

just a thought.

Phil

I removed and checked it on saturday - it's grand. As Duncan states, the fact it runs grand without a FCD wired in makes me think it's a duff unit or a wiring issue but a diagnostic wouldn't hurt.

Phil

Super Moderator
I removed and checked it on saturday - it's grand. As Duncan states, the fact it runs grand without a FCD wired in makes me think it's a duff unit or a wiring issue but a diagnostic wouldn't hurt.

ah just re-read seems that the fcd is the problem, apologies.

Phil

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
he said that he changed two fcd's ? so its more like the wiring i think? or setting on the fcd? if it was an HKS

Paul-GlzV

Member +
jam fcd was fittin pulled it out an fitted hks fcd? set at 7?

lik i said be4 car neva giv any bother wit jam fcd fitted? it came in it from japland along wit jam actuator. it's only since the rebuild it's givin problems comin on boost?

i've just noticed the two pipes on actuator 1 to boost controller but NOTHIN on otha wud this cause a problem as to car ova boostin or false readin? i've just blanked it off an will run it up the road to see how she behaves?

run a diagnosis jay it's just a constant flash got to 210 an got board lol no gaps in flash to indicate start/finish between codes if there was more than one just a constant flash!

Paul-GlzV

Member +
jam fcd was fittin pulled it out an fitted hks fcd? set at 7?

lik i said be4 car neva giv any bother wit jam fcd fitted? it came in it from japland along wit jam actuator. it's only since the rebuild it's givin problems comin on boost?

i've just noticed the two pipes on actuator 1 to boost controller but NOTHIN on otha wud this cause a problem as to car ova boostin or false readin? i've just blanked it off an will run it up the road to see how she behaves?

run a diagnosis jay it's just a constant flash got to 210 an got board lol no gaps in flash to indicate start/finish between codes if there was more than one just a constant flash!

i've also check my wirin 3 times wit diagram an it is def rite. unless theres a break between map sensor an ecu?

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
you kept counting till 210?? LOFL!!

so with jam one was fine... then after rebuild you had problems and changed to hks one but with no luck? right?

Paul-GlzV

Member +
yeah thats rite sheldon.

run the car up the road there wit that otha actuator pipe blocked car seems fine but only boostin between 0.3/0.5?????

Rory

Lifer
Paul,

Have you tried it out with the Jam FCD in?
Why change to the HKS unit?
Have you tried using a diffirent setting, 7 doesnt ring a bell, but setting 8 does?

When reading codes from the diagnostics, it should flash a certain amount of times, then slight pause, then go again.

Like - flash flash flash....pause...flash flash, that would make it 32.

Rory

Paul-GlzV

Member +
run without jam fcd an was fine so we thought fcd was knackered thats why the change to hks but no joy same problem?

chris told me to set it to 7? i tho was proper settin?

lik i said be4 no pause just a constant flash?

Rory

Lifer
Have you tried it scince with the JAM FCD in place?

Go with what Chris tells you, very clued up lad.

ChrisGT

Member +
Had a similar problem with a JAM FCC. My solution was to simply not use it and run standard boost - not really what you wanted to hear I'm guessing :(

Paul-GlzV

Member +
not really just spent a fortune on forgin? an gettin bigger bo an management next but no point if she not runnin rite? wud just mak the forged build a waste of time an money?