missin constantly??

Paul-GlzV

Member +
missin constantly?? plz help!!!!!

car constantly down on cylinders 2 and 3. checked disrtibuter cap an rotor. its ok. changed leads. they're ok. plugs 1 and 4 are dry, 2 and 3 are wet. when changed around. the wet plugs fron 2 and 3 then dry out and the dry plugs from 1 and 4 then become soaked. any ideas as there is spark getting to plugs. the plugs are sparkin but the car is still down on 2 cylinders. also checked for smoke from exaust and oil cap. all is fine and car starts as normal without any extra crankin etc.:shoot:

Last edited:

SupaStu

Member +
Cant offer any help bud, but hope someone can help you get the beast back to full strength :)

Can you put it back to standard boost and setup and work from there?

gv1.3

Admin
I would check plugs, leads, king lead, coil, distributor cap and rotor arm... make sure there are no obvious signs of wear on any of the items.

Paul-GlzV

Member +
shes note firin on all cylinders tho stu :(

GV1.3 tried everythin apart from coil mate cud well my prob? gonna try a diff ecu 2nite to see if that solves the problem? wat kind of things cud go belly up if moisture/damp got in as it's came to my knowledge that car was left outside in the rain for a few wks while gettin build wit no bonnet on it an drivers window rite down :mad: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :slap: :slap:

gv1.3

Admin
start it at night with the bonnet open and all lights off and see if you can see sparks anywhere. When my coil died it was shooting 6 inch sparks into the engine bay.

Paul-GlzV

Member +
k will try that lol i'll try anythin at the min put alot of £££££ in this recenrtly an just seems to get worse?????

SupaStu

Member +

GV1.3 tried everythin apart from coil mate cud well my prob? gonna try a diff ecu 2nite to see if that solves the problem? wat kind of things cud go belly up if moisture/damp got in as it's came to my knowledge that car was left outside in the rain for a few wks while gettin build wit no bonnet on it an drivers window rite down :mad: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :slap: :slap:

Jesus that's crazy news, why did they do that? The electrics could have been totally soaked especially with the weather over here!

Is it possible they have messed the timing up? Might be an idea to list all the parts you have changed for new and/or tried other peoples parts to give everyone a full idea of the history. And all the troubleshooting you have done so far, must be something simple ? :confused:

Phil

Super Moderator

has chris or jay had a look at this yet mate?

i can understand your frustration having spent alot and got more problems and your not even getting a chance to feel what your forged block can do!

but make sure your both asking and paying the right people, sounds like you need to take this to someone who really knows these engines and has time to isolate and sort your problem. get a pm off to jay or chris see if they have time to look at it. or anyone else thats could help roll up roll up lol

id help if i could.

Phil

Jay

Admin
Down on cylinders sounds pretty serious Paul, can't really diagnose it over the web but you are looking (and hoping) that it is electrical rather than an engine issue.

Pull out each plug and check it is sparking. That may reveal an ignition problem.

Paul-GlzV

Member +
Jesus that's crazy news, why did they do that? The electrics could have been totally soaked especially with the weather over here!

put frankly stu the guys an ass???

gd idea mate thanx.

k i've either tried new or from perfect runnin donor

1.dizzy
2.plugs
3.map sensor
4.leads
5.fcd (as problem originally occured only on boost)
6.rotary arm
7.injectors

think thats all will be tryin diff ecu 2nite. cud it be the temp sensor? an it's mak car flood itself!! but then why only on two cylinders an not all 4? also is it possible timin was off to start wit an has slipped a tooth an now it's really off? as miss was there when she came bk from build? but dizzy was broken so tho nothin more off it?

Paul-GlzV

Member +
well theres no knockin jay an no signs of fried pistons as plugs were normal from tak them out except two an three had signs of slight rich mixture? an no smoke from exhaust or oil cap? wat eva original prob was i reckon it's just got worse????

all plugs are gettin spark q is tho is it firin at the rite time????

Jay

Admin
well theres no knockin jay an no signs of fried pistons as plugs were normal from tak them out except two an three had signs of slight rich mixture? an no smoke from exhaust or oil cap? wat eva original prob was i reckon it's just got worse????

all plugs are gettin spark q is tho is it firin at the rite time????

Yeah, as I said on Saturday, it's going to take it to get worse before you can identify what is going faulty. Eventually the culprit will pack up - I was hoping that the coil or the ignitor was going to show up faulty in the diagnostic check but it didn't.

Paul-GlzV

Member +
sayin that jay it has now fired up management light so a fault has been stored only it says on tutorial to hav engine at runnin temp to run diagnosis check? didn't wana try incase i done damage heatin it up plus it will tak a while as it's runnin off?

Paul-GlzV

Member +
k i run a diagnosis with out lettin car heat to runnin temp an hav fault codes 31,33 ?????

Last edited:

Jay

Admin
k i run a diagnosis with out lettin car heat to runnin temp an hav fault codes 31,33 ?????

You don't need to have it up to operating heat so you can relax mate.

So you are getting 31 (MAP sensor) and 33 (no such code)?