MOT news...and its not good

munday

Member +
Vosa have just given out an update to MOT stations that starts with immediate effect and it make pretty much all of our cars MOT failures...

Any exhaust fitted to a vehicle that changes the sound from standard in even the slightest way is an instant fail.

munday

Member +
Quick scan...

mot_regulation.jpg

maggzybaby

Fresh Recruit
i work in a mot garage and this is the first i have heard of it, if it was true, then 50 per cent of cars that come in would fail! As long as emissions arent effected then wots the problem? Vosa are a bunch of cocks who change the mot test everyday, and all for pointless reasons, as the mot is basically if ur car is safe enough to drive on the road and everything checked has to meet a mininum requirement, so when they bring in stuff like the spacing on a number plate how does this make ur car unsafe?

Andyep82

Member +
doesn't it state as part of the emissions test though? and some of cars aren't on the register so some of us just get an idle check iirc, so it may not apply to some of us

smythy75

Member +
what can they compare it too, what specs do they have? they have no emmission specs for our cars so i doubt they will have a standard exhaust spec!

TO82

Member +
How do they know what the standard EP82/91 turbo sounds like :homer:

Imports FTMFW yO :haha:

Beaker

Member +
WANTED full exhaust for my Glanza, You must give me £50 and your aftermarket exhaust for my old standard one or I will call the cops.

Mikey Jay

Member +
what can they compare it too, what specs do they have? they have no emmission specs for our cars so i doubt they will have a standard exhaust spec!

They'll probs get round that though as in the info posted up it says similar car.

So they'll probs use a standard small engined hatchback as a comparison :(