Moving Heater controls

J25GTi

Lifer
H?ey guys,

Ive got my heater controls moved down into my old stereo slot, and am in the process of modifying my centre console to fit it,

the only problem i seem to be having is that one side fits fine, but the other side when it is cut out, is not quite sitting flush with the rest of the controls

you have the "dip" where the fan speed switch etc go, and it is about 1cm covering that, and i need it flush with the raised bit (same as the other side)

has anyone else done this? Any advice?

cheers guys

J25GTi

Lifer
well, if no one else has done it, i geuss i wil have to innovate :p

ill get some pics up when it is all finished, im sure i can figure something out, no one ever got anywhere without "wnging it" every once in a while!

ive got the hard bit done of relocating them all, but its just a case of finishing it up all nice now!

i was going to get a DIN gauge holde,r but what a waste of time down by your stereo, can hardly see them! so i thought i could do better, so im having a go!

Johnny_C

Lifer
i was thinking of sticking mine in the glove box and just using a flick switch to turn the heater on.

J25GTi

Lifer
i was thinking of sticking mine in the glove box and just using a flick switch to turn the heater on.

see, that would work, but would just be messy in the glovebox, I have them all mounted up central etc in the stereo slot, its just a case of cutting out the centre console trim to suit, its 90% there, just need to solve the little problem im having, then it will be all but finished, think it will just be a case of cut out a little bit more of the trim and shunt the controls over slightly and get a bit of the old fibreglass out to slightly alter the angle of the trim on one side...

Johnny_C

Lifer
see, that would work, but would just be messy in the glovebox, I have them all mounted up central etc in the stereo slot, its just a case of cutting out the centre console trim to suit, its 90% there, just need to solve the little problem im having, then it will be all but finished, think it will just be a case of cut out a little bit more of the trim and shunt the controls over slightly and get a bit of the old fibreglass out to slightly alter the angle of the trim on one side...
how messy?it would be in there out of the way.

J25GTi

Lifer
how messy?it would be in there out of the way.

yeah, but then you open it and just have a heater control just floppng around in there, and awfully impractical ;)

at leastw ith my way i can still use the heater controls etc just a bit more trimming needed thats all

Johnny_C

Lifer
yeah, but then you open it and just have a heater control just floppng around in there, and awfully impractical ;)

at leastw ith my way i can still use the heater controls etc just a bit more trimming needed thats all
ah i see what u mean.i cant put mine there as thats where i have my boost controller and turbo timer,need to find somewhere to fit the defi link box.:homer:

J25GTi

Lifer
ah i see what u mean.i cant put mine there as thats where i have my boost controller and turbo timer,need to find somewhere to fit the defi link box.:homer:

too much equipment not enough room!

where the heater controls were, would give enough room for 3x52mm gauges, and there is a 1/4 DIN slot under the heater controls when they have been reloacted, also could rip out the centre vents and make a custom fibreglass mould for whatever if is that needs to go in there, there is plenty of room, its just finding a practical way of doing it!

Johnny_C

Lifer
too much equipment not enough room!

where the heater controls were, would give enough room for 3x52mm gauges, and there is a 1/4 DIN slot under the heater controls when they have been reloacted, also could rip out the centre vents and make a custom fibreglass mould for whatever if is that needs to go in there, there is plenty of room, its just finding a practical way of doing it!
i was thinking that,but dont want to go mad hacking stuff,lol!

J25GTi

Lifer
well, ill get some photos up this weekend when i have spent a bit more time onn it, i think i am going to take the centre vents out too and make a holder to go in there for some bits and pieces, shouldnt take that long to be honest!

i didnt want to do too much, But i hate the look of gauges and boost controllers and turbpo timers etc cluttering up the inside on pillars and on the dash etc!

so i thought i could make something better and make it all look alot neater!

Johnny_C

Lifer
well, ill get some photos up this weekend when i have spent a bit more time onn it, i think i am going to take the centre vents out too and make a holder to go in there for some bits and pieces, shouldnt take that long to be honest!

i didnt want to do too much, But i hate the look of gauges and boost controllers and turbpo timers etc cluttering up the inside on pillars and on the dash etc!

so i thought i could make something better and make it all look alot neater!
sounds good lad,look foward to seeing the pics.:)

sx_turbo

Lifer
remove the ashtray for extra room, and make your own plate and cut out what you need thats what i done :)

gives the needed extra space

J25GTi

Lifer
remove the ashtray for extra room, and make your own plate and cut out what you need thats what i done :)

gives the needed extra space

yeah, but i dont like pillar pods, or gauges down by my ashtray, cant see them when they are in place of the ashtray.

Ive been really busy this past ccouple of weeks, ill try and get this sorted out this weekend and get it finished off,

J25GTi

Lifer
Well, made a bit of progress so far today, hopefully going to finish it off tomorrow and see how it looks, then i need to find a way to get a photo up on here, as my phone doesnt have a camera and i dont have a camera eithert..

think i managed to get most of the niggles ironed out, just need to make up my holders and fix my cntrols with a screw then im all done