My Caldina Gtt's Dyno Video

Deano

Banned
Thats a 1998 caldina it's newer than my old glanza that shape caldina came out in 1997 I got a printout which says 158 kw on it coz the dyno guy accidently deleted the 160 kw run lol I will try and get a printout up :)

Deano

Banned
The video had to be compressed a bit to fit the screen will put some pics up of the car looking normal lol

GTti

Member +
Whats that then, 180bhp per ton? Should of stuck with a Starlet!

Anyway, what are you plans with it Deano? What do you want from the car in the long run.

Deano

Banned
I'm not sure on the bhp per tonne I just care about the power and the speed it takes about 7 secs to get to 190 km/h from 100 km/h which is pretty quick for a stock car

I'm planning on getting the exhaust done, and then get a boost controller and an emanage ultimate and a cold air induction kit made up and one day I will put a t3/t4 or a bigger turbo on and forge the engine to run more boost i'm also going to relocate the battery to the boot

Deano

Banned
Thanks mate they are about 255-260 hp stock depending on what website you read so 215 hp at the wheels is pretty good with a drivetrain loss of 20 % is 258 hp so i would have only lost 2 hp.

The stock engines can take up to 20 psi there is a caldina gtt with forged internals and a gt30 in nz with over 300 kw at the wheels i heard its fu**ing fast it lives in my area its a real sleeper i see it everyday.

Most caldinas are white not too many black and silver ones around.

Last edited:

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
How do I put photos up???

The way I do it is through www.photobucket.com upload your pics to it then copy the IMG code into here and it will display.

Nice rolling road btw! Nice big car, bound to feel very smooth on the road and prob has a deceptive power delivery, before you know it your doing a ton!

Deano

Banned
Cheers mate will do even when I lowered it it still feels smooth feels way better than when I lowered the glanza with the glanza you could feel every pot hole lol the caldina has some serious power when I put my foot down hard be believe such a big car corners and accelerates so well and is so bloody fast :rockon: you can go around a corner at a speed and it will still keep on gripping not that I do that all the time as it's too dangerous

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Cheers mate will do even when I lowered it it still feels smooth feels way better than when I lowered the glanza with the glanza you could feel every pot hole lol the caldina has some serious power when I put my foot down hard be believe such a big car corners and accelerates so well and is so bloody fast :rockon: you can go around a corner at a speed and it will still keep on gripping not that I do that all the time as it's too dangerous

My brother has an MR2, I think its the same engine is it not? His car can shift she's 260hp approx and damn it can shift, very very deceptive power delivery and unbelievable torque. Do u know wot torque your own put out?

Heres his vid. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbxGjsOrOLw

edit: 4wd can fairly handle the bends alright! Think the trick is to keep the shoe in er!

Last edited:

Deano

Banned
Mine is putting out 300 nm atw so at the engine it would be slightly more thats a bloody mean mr2 there mate

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Mine is putting out 300 nm atw so at the engine it would be slightly more thats a bloody mean mr2 there mate

He wants me to mod his MR2 next, my GT is almost complete. I'd be lieing if I said I wasn't tempted to do his next, prob is its his car not mine so dont see the point in spending thousands. Already have the spec I'm after for his.

With his car though we can't understand how it has so much torque, all it has is a Downpipe, blitz Nur spec exhaust, Apexi air filter and a Stage 2 hybrid CT26(wot ever stage 2 means)@1 bar boost with sever over fueling.

I'm giving him my emanage blue in about 2 weeks so will hopefully help her out a bit.