my dc2 pics..

dantheman

Member +
Thought i should put some pics up of the starbo's replacement. :) after looking at 4 dc2's i stumbled across this beauty, grade 4 import, done 60k with service history and some jap docs. was completley stock when i bought it, first thing i did was spend a day cleaning it inside out, clay bar'd, polished and waxed the exterior and engine bay. bought some coilovers and some 16x7 slipstreams, had the windows tinted 35% today aswell.. have some suspension mods and USDM spec rear lights on their way from the states as we speak, also will get an import size front plate to replace the gay uk one, and im keeping my eye out for a b18 bottom end so i can forge it up and get it ready for some boost... ;) so here's a few pics after a little clean..

dan :)

frontuez.jpg

front2emg.jpg

front3q.jpg

reariob.jpg

sider.jpg

side2h.jpg

side3w.jpg

side4.jpg

enginei.jpg

Last edited:

Dane_Bristol

Member +
Nice one matey, not my choice of car but as long as you are happy with it then thats all good :), certainly looks a nice clean example and we all know how fussy you are with your cars ! :cool:

Derek

Lifer
Lovely car very clean, get a 98 spec rear bumper for it dude, also you must love those wheels.lol

Sparky

Member +
Looks perfectional like the GT mate :)

You do love those wheels dont you :p

If it ends up anything like the GT its going to be awsome :D

_GAZ_EP85_

Member +
Looking sweet dan, what's with you and them black rota's, keep it's jdm man!!!!!, finding just b18 bottom ends is hard, best buying a complete engine using the bits you need and then sell your engine after,
Gt35 all the way or a bws366!!!!

dantheman

Member +
haha thanks , yeah slipstreams my favourite as you probably know by now :haha: have had them on almost every car :homer: not a fan of the 98 spec bumper, i always prefer the old skool shit to the facelift stuff (ie ep82 rather than ep91 :p )

yeah dane she's clean, and i know i am a fussy bastard when it comes to bodywork which is kinda annoying when looking to buy a 13 year old car :haha:

parkiboy

Member +
good choice dan!! ive decided i'm keeping mine.

going to be throwing some money at it soon nothing major just to stand out from the crowd a bit :)

dantheman

Member +
cheers G, im still researching turbo's and specs but as it stands a borg warner may be the weopon of choice but its a long way off yet, will decide nearer to the time. but its going to be a road car so theres always going to have to be a compromise when it comes to turbo size. but should be running 350-400whp for what i have in mind..

Dec%209%20001.jpg

dont blame you parkiboy, these cars are wicked. 10 times the car of a starlet in terms of build quality and handling, and they are suprisingly quick cars for a N/A engine. had a play with my mates 270bhp s3 today and he couldnt get past me :haha:

dantheman

Member +
Looking sweet dan, what's with you and them black rota's, keep it's jdm man!!!!!, finding just b18 bottom ends is hard, best buying a complete engine using the bits you need and then sell your engine after,
Gt35 all the way or a bws366!!!!

looking for a b18 from a uk civic, will build it up and then use the ITR cylinder head and sell the bottom end. shit loads of b16's floating about but not alot of b18's, but i will find one eventually. not in any major hurry as i will be building it up over time. hoping to have it built and boosted by christmas though ;)

mcleod

Member +
s3's r shit mate especially when tuned and especially in the wet
you've got yet another nice ride there mate.

Dan3SGTE

Member +
NICE danny boy, love it.

Yes they are fucking quick cars if you can drive them right. The B18CR is a powerful plant.

good buy. Im looking to supercharge mine. Looking for around 300hp.

dantheman

Member +
dont knock it until you try it, like they say :p alot of honda hater's on here just follow the crowd and dont really know why they are hating :haha: the v-tec is a tool in the right hands, you just gotta know how to drive them properly ;)

parkiboy

Member +
NICE danny boy, love it.

Yes they are fucking quick cars if you can drive them right. The B18CR is a powerful plant.

good buy. Im looking to supercharge mine. Looking for around 300hp.

is that safe on stock internals mate? havent really researched my engine yet, i dont like the owners club, nothing like this place :p

Dane_Bristol

Member +
dont knock it until you try it, like they say :p alot of honda hater's on here just follow the crowd and dont really know why they are hating :haha: the v-tec is a tool in the right hands, you just gotta know how to drive them properly ;)

Never knocked it, i will be able to speak from experience soon :)

Dan3SGTE

Member +
is that safe on stock internals mate? havent really researched my engine yet, i dont like the owners club, nothing like this place :p

EK9 forum is the place mate. Very chilled out and everyone accepts eachother. Have a look, very good info on it.

Im doing some researching as we speak on whats safe etc. I know on the B16B they have bolt on kits to run 5 PSI worth around 240BHP on completely stock engine.

If need be will thicken head gasket. I only want to run around 10PSI boost on the supercharger running 280-300bhp.

I will be running that on a full mappable ECU, Hondata Pro 300

Last edited: