maximum power wheels: 166.0 bhp @ 6,491 rpm

maximum power engine: 204.9 bhp @ 6,491 rpm

maximum torque: 178.3 lbft @ 5,488 rpm

was running 14.5 psi

im quite pleased

dan

dan_ep82

Member +
yep im runing a blitz k24 thats been hybridised and converted to a 360' thrust bearing.

ill try upload th dyno sheet tomorrow !

dan

Dan3SGTE

Member +
thats not bad, honestly thought they made a bit more though? guess not... either way thats good power mate...

Kelly

Member +
we want the sheet! RR's threads are suppose to have them :p you could be making this up for attention Dan hahaha only joking! :p

dan_ep82

Member +
im having problems trying to get my scanner to work but shud be on later and yer the
k24 will make more power its got a safe but shit map!

the bloke at dyno reakons i could get around 240bhp at 1 bar with a proper map but will stay as is at mo due to not being forged!

dan

dan_ep82

Member +
heres the sheet also after dyno found out the turbo to mani gasket had shit itself and i had a boost leak! so a bit more power there

dyno.jpg

gedis

Member +
not trying to be cunt but 40bhp loss in a starlet?
i made 167whp on standart ct9b(1.1 bar) and was qouted 187 flywheel

ChrisGT

Member +
On the dyno day everyone lost either 40 or just over 40, which was strange...i made 150@ fly and 109@ wheels.

Damage

Member +
Thats one ugly curve map mate.... Sorry if I sound harsh but it should me much cleaner. Also you are down on torque by quite a bit. With the same boost mine pushed 221bhp and 215 torque on the dyno. I'd get it remapped mate. What management are you using ?

ChrisGT

Member +
i take it your car was standart, thats nearly 40% power loss :( is there sand in your gearbox or something? :p

Its not that standard no, was running 0.7Bar on the ct9. And I guess everyone had sand in their gearbox on the day!

Chris@CCM

Member +
Flywheel horsepower is a load of hoohah, the Dyno operators pretty much "guess" it
i dont agree mate if its a good dyno the fly wheel power should be fine . as so many things can change the wheel hp . the guy at the dyno i go to told me all about it one day and said a few years ago he would have said the seam thing about wheel hp but now days its all changed .ill ask him more about it next day im up .

riko666

Member +
well I mean how much faith can you put into a figure that is by all means, calculated or "estimated" from a given figure (wheel horsepower)?? On a rolling road Dynamometer the "Drivetrain" loss is calculated by the remaining force of the wheels turning the drums when the car is stuck in neutral after the power run...Now think of the inconsistencies - you have internal friction resistance of the drum, you're going to have friction loss between the tyres and the drum as you cannot guarantee no slip whatsoever, and so on...

I mean, not to discredit the guy at your Dyno, but I very much doubt he would say something that would criticise the very device on which the business is based on. In my opinion, Flywheel Horsepower can only ACCURATELY be calculated when the engine is bolted to an engine dynamometer, as the power is being taken from the flywheel. In that respect, using a Rolling Road or Hub connected (much more accurate as it does away with insoncistencies of traction and mimimal losses through the flexing of the tyres etc...) Dynamometer, will give a more accurate reading of the power at the wheels as in effect, the wheels are driving the Dynamometer, not the flywheel.

It is also relative though...the calculated drivetrain loss would be the same level (well, depending on the car's ACTUAL drivetrain loss) for any car on the same dyno, so the inaccuracy of the flywheel horsepower will be the same for that particular dyno regardless of car.

There's lots of methods to calculate drivetrain loss...but each sort of continent has different "estimates" for Drivetrain loss - Australia for example claim about a 15% loss, USA about 20%, UK something silly like 30% and so on...I mean, I cannot say for sure, I'm just using my own theory to guesstimate the above, and I think it makes sense. Plus if you research, you will find the answers to this as well. It is why the States and Australasia SOLELY quote power figures, as WHP. Only manufacturers really have the right to quote Flywheel Horsepower, as they'll have it strapped to an Engine Dyno

Last edited:

jamesgtturbo

Member +
i dont agree mate if its a good dyno the fly wheel power should be fine . as so many things can change the wheel hp . the guy at the dyno i go to told me all about it one day and said a few years ago he would have said the seam thing about wheel hp but now days its all changed .ill ask him more about it next day im up .

still surely whp is more accurate?