My First GT!

Seanmcn

Member +
Hello!

Just bought my first Gt this morning!! Cant wait to collect it tomorrow!!
Is there anything to look out for?? eg. service tips, tuning!
Thanks

sx_turbo

Lifer
welcome

make sure u change the oil at 3k mile intervals or 5k km.

tuning wise, u can up the boost to 0.8bar without the need for engine management.

starbogt

Member +
or a fmic and one bar boost bout 300 for a fmic
What great advice just slap the boost up and bounce the car off fuel cut without extra fueling mmm (I don't think so.)

Do a search mate you'll find loads of info on the site if you can't then have a look through the toytuning shop or the starletgtturbo you'll see loads of goodies and everyone will give advice (some good and some bad^^^^)

A good air filter
a service
decat pipe
adjustable actuator
boost gauge
and an exhaust if the price is right
set the boost to 0.8bar

Then enjoy

Last edited:

starbogt

Member +
he said he dint want to spend alot and if we going to go into detail i would have a fcd so he dunt hit fuel cut :p

With a fuel pressure regulator of course to aid fueling that will be reduced if you put the hks actuator on. If you don't you will most likely run the engine too lean and cause damage.

If you set yourself a budget and an aim for your car then people will be able to give you more solid advice..

Oh WELCOME too

Seanmcn

Member +
About the De Cat pipe.
I am lookin at 1 on ebay. What are they for??
If my Q's are stupid its cos i never had a turbo car b4!!
Im not 100% sure what the 0.8 bar is about?
Thanks for all the info lads!

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
A decat pipe replaces the restrictive stock catalyst meaning more exhaust gases can be flowed meaning more power. 0.8 bar is the pressure you can safely up the boost level to without your engine running lean and without hitting fuel cut.

Dave.

Member +
he said he dint want to spend alot and if we going to go into detail i would have a fcd so he dunt hit fuel cut :p

It'll be RIP starlet if you go down that route mate!

Fuel cut is there for a reason, the Toyota mechanics didn't put it there for a laugh lol, the stock ECU cant fuel over it without leaning out :) rrfpr or new ecu would fix it tho, but its a LOT of money lol

Seanmcn

Member +
It'll be RIP starlet if you go down that route mate!

Fuel cut is there for a reason, the Toyota mechanics didn't put it there for a laugh lol, the stock ECU cant fuel over it without leaning out :) rrfpr or new ecu would fix it tho, but its a LOT of money lol

Yeah! I wont do that then!
Will the De Cat pipe not make the car fail the NCT/MOT??

What about air fileters? Will they increase power without without destroyin the thing!!

Dave.

Member +
not sure about Irish laws, but in the UK you'd be fine with a healthy car (up to mid 95 or somthing, you're 94 would be brand new at the test)

Filters are a good start mate :)

starbogt

Member +
You will need to check with the irish laws for your mot etc but in UK we don't need 1 on imports that don't have a UK equivalent model this applies for cars before about 1995 I think. as for power increase from airfilters they can give power but they are to aid throttle response more than that. If you derestrict the air inlet with a filter and the outlet with a decat and exhaust you will see a massive difference in the car alone. Don't become another horsepower hero please...

Dan3SGTE

Member +
all this FCD bollox... i wouldnt waste my time, do it properly and get a piggyback to support the extra fuel needed, you can pick them up for a decent price and you know its safe..

just my opinion.. would never put an FCD on my motors....

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
all this FCD bollox... i wouldnt waste my time, do it properly and get a piggyback to support the extra fuel needed, you can pick them up for a decent price and you know its safe..

just my opinion.. would never put an FCD on my motors....

Why?

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
Plenty of people have had good results with a FCD(or equivalent) and SAFC combo. Cheaper than a piggy back or stand alone and obviously not quite as good, but a good set up nonetheless.