not declaring mods

whats happens if u do not declare ure mods to ure insurance company and u end up in a crash and they find out about them?

help please as im in a rather fucked up position :(

Blak_Mamber

Member +
have they found out about them dude?

Can void your insurance. They will find anything not to pay out for mate.....

lleey2k4

Member +
When i got stopped by police they rang through to check my mods which were on view. They said that if there was anything not declared they can do me for driving uninsured as insurance would be void. But he was a twat!!

Blak_Mamber

Member +
When i got stopped by police they rang through to check my mods which were on view. They said that if there was anything not declared they can do me for driving uninsured as insurance would be void. But he was a twat!!

That sucks major donkey dick.. what a twat

lanxter

Member +
yeah pretty much mate, loads of people don't declaire stuff and if you get caught your pretty much fucked

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
Uk insurers would love Malta :haha:

id say if there are 250,000 drivers in malta that hold an insurance policy, 249,999 of them have fuck all declaired...

damn it would suck if they would adopt ur system here... wede all be (in the words of Turkish) "Propper Fucked" :haha:

kon

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Driving with no modifications declared is just like driving with no insurance basically and the penalty's are the exact same.

Uk insurers would love Malta :haha:

id say if there are 250,000 drivers in malta that hold an insurance policy, 249,999 of them have fuck all declaired...

damn it would suck if they would adopt ur system here... wede all be (in the words of Turkish) "Propper Fucked" :haha:

kon

Same here in Ireland! (Well, where I live in Ireland. Maybe around the cities is different)

popsy09

Munster Area Rep.
Same here in Ireland! (Well, where I live in Ireland. Maybe around the cities is different)

nope exact same ha ha , i have a good few mods declared but not everyone they probably wouldnt insure ya if they knew everything , i know a lot of people driving modified cars and the opinions are the same

lingl9z

Member +
as said above, also depends on weather you crashed in to someone or they crashed in to you. (or police caught you out)

turboloon

Member +
try and get to yer car mate and remove anything bloody obvious..for instance emanage etc,boost controller...the rest ye can try and blag just say they were on yer car when ye bought it(assuming yer not a mechanic..)tell them you weren't to know that the car had been modified.just wait and see what they say..either that bite the bullet and don't claim...what did you crash into...if it was a wall try and come to an agreemnet with the owner of said wall to get that repaired....

nope exact same ha ha , i have a good few mods declared but not everyone they probably wouldnt insure ya if they knew everything , i know a lot of people driving modified cars and the opinions are the same

Yea I am going to be doing the same way when I get insured again. I am going to say it is a Toyota glanza v and (( MAYB )) say I have mods are , it is just as you said I will never get insured.at the end of the day they no it ant a N/A starlet and that is the most important thing...

gedis

Member +
i have most of mine declared, thei dont want a big list, so all i told them things like big turbo kit, aftermarket suspension setup, aftermarket exhaust etc. there just isnt clear line what to declare, you hardly going to go and say to them ''i just modified my seats by putting max power covers on it'' - ''oh that will be another extra 10 euro a month'' :haha:
althought i read terms and conditions thru one night(it took 4 hours) and it clearly states that anything over 400 euro worth has to be declared, but then again i'm sure there's plenty of you's driving around with stereo worth more that that, same goes for subwoofers, alloy wheels, gauges, bodykits, various electronics and so on,

mcbeal_88

Member +
just see how your luck is, my old lupo gti was written off and i hadnt declared mods had coilovers wheels bmc filter 4 branch and a piggyback on it and all they said was they arent standard wheels, told them the standard ones were away getting refurbed and they were temp wheels.i took the bmc off but had to leave the rest, even left it with an open throttle body no airbox and still paid out lol i know it was silly and i wouldnt do it again but good luck.get what u can off it now tho

turboloon

Member +
just depends what like the assesor is....chances are the assesor ain't gonna know about the likes of td04 conversions etc..i'd imagine the assesors mainly have backgrounds in body repair's etc..