Not happy

Status
Not open for further replies.

I_<3_Boost

Member +
Ok so I just spent "enough" money on forging my engine and the reason because my big end bearings went, so i set out to buy another crank so, gt-stu comes up and says yer, i got one, Great ill take it......anyway so i go through all the usual.....is it in good nick.yes no marks or scoring..no ok so it turbos up the other day.....theres fucking rust on it,Now im screwed no one else has a fucking crank and it means getting it ground and undersize bearings, does anyone know of him, he fucking cheated me outta my money.

Rory

Lifer
How bad is the rust?

Give it a scotch brite, and it will come up ok.
As long as its not pitted you will be fine.

Sounds like surface rust, and a bigger deal than needed.

Jay

Admin
A bit of a fast leap buddy.

Condition should be part of the discussion before you agree to anything. If you aren't happy once the part arrives then take it up with the buyer directly before ranting to a live audience.

Just a offering advice from personal experience,

Jay

Nwimie

Member +
give it a clean up im sure its fine just been sat about for a few weeks or something obviously if the rust is bad i would expect stu will sort something out with you.

ChrisGT

Member +
A couple pictures would be useful for other members to gauge how bad it is.

And you really shouldn't bite someones hand off for giving sensible advice mate...seriously, wtf?

Stulet-GTT

Member +
Wtf you think im stupid jay, you dont think ive already tried mailing him? you really think im stupid then....

This attidude will get you know where and people will just not be willing to help you out...

Sound's like its just some surface rust and nothink to bad really...

After i wash car or its been raining an the car has sat for abit i notice a little surface rust on my break disk's, but it soon come's off once driving car...

If you get some ubber fine sand paper(wet or dry stuff) the surface rust will just come off easy...

danturbo4311

Member +
Personally I would of just got the crankshaft ground down anyway even if its suppose to be ok, at least then you no for definite that it'll be ok as otherwise itll be a pain in the ass. Plus just coz it has rust on it dont mean its naff, i had slight rust on mine and it had only been sitting in my shed wrapped up, for one week.

Jay

Admin
Post #1 sounds like a half-baked, cal-esque rant of a halfing to me.

I just offering advice appropriate to what it says. No real need to be so touchy in response lass.

Status
Not open for further replies.