Not sure of what to do next

Elaine

Lifer
Last week I had my Rear Anti Roll Bar, Anti Lift Kit and Lower Arm bar fitted…

The differences these have made are amazing I am really really pleased with how it’s all turned out.

But going forwards I would like to look at what else I can do. I already have coilovers and once my top mounts arrive I will be running good tyres again so what the next step????

Tried and tested advice would be really helpful.

Thanks E :)

GTdan

In The Closet
Sorry I should have said I am looking for help on the handling

Brakes are sorted :)

the only other things i can think of is is replacing all the suspension bushes with poly ones.

but if you are happy with the handling, and its not handling rubbish, then if its not broke etc etc.

You will only really find out how it handles when on a track.

sx_turbo

Lifer
well you can get fender bars from ultra racing (think toby sells them)

zep do a rear lower arm bar from rhd japn

you can also get a c pillar bar from rhd japan, and a rear x sextion that mounts the rear strut brace and c pillar bar all together to give a really stiff back end

the is also cusco side bars.

ZISCO do whats called a room bar/floor bar that braces the center of the car at the seat belt sections

or you could not buy all this and just get a roll cage :)

be careful not to make the back end to stiff though as this will induce over steer, i find that the backend of my car is already a bit to tail happy, and i havnt stripped mine out

Last edited:

Nwimie

Member +
uprated engine mounts ;] some of tobys polymounts .....

Im leaving my handling alone now cos as ricky said it can be to stiff causing the back end to step out twitchy.

Elaine

Lifer
well you can get fender bars from ultra racing (think toby sells them)

zep do a rear lower arm bar from rhd japn

you can also get a c pillar bar from rhd japan, and a rear x sextion that mounts the rear strut brace and c pillar bar all together to give a really stiff back end

the is also cusco side bars.

ZISCO do whats called a room bar/floor bar that braces the center of the car at the seat belt sections

or you could not buy all this and just get a roll cage :)

be careful not to make the back end to stiff though as this will induce over steer, i find that the backend of my car is already a bit to tail happy, and i havnt stripped mine out

Thats really helpful thanks Ricky.. what mod have you got???

The rear seats will be coming out next month I think ready for my new seats :D

uprated engine mounts ;] some of tobys polymounts .....

Im leaving my handling alone now cos as ricky said it can be to stiff causing the back end to step out twitchy.

I have better engine mounts, I want my car to handle like yours Tim I have never know a car like it!! Either that or your one crazy ass driver lol :drive:

Elaine

Lifer

I am looking in to this atm

why dont u just enjoy it for a bit?

I am Adam trust me done nearly 400 miles since picking her up on Saturday. :D

I just like to plan ahead I am not even sure there is anything else I want as I dont plan on putting a roll cage in have been thinking of getting an LSD and when a few members on here pull there fingers out and get there fitted I will have a much better insight as to weather or not that is something I want to get :)

cameroon95

Member +
I am looking in to this atm

I am Adam trust me done nearly 400 miles since picking her up on Saturday. :D

I just like to plan ahead I am not even sure there is anything else I want as I dont plan on putting a roll cage in have been thinking of getting an LSD and when a few members on here pull there fingers out and get there fitted I will have a much better insight as to weather or not that is something I want to get :)[/Q

From what I hear, its a very good mod to make with noticeable difference straight away.

Elaine

Lifer
Yes I agree but there are a few different ones to choose from and as this is going to be one of the most expensive mods I put on my car I want to make sure I get the right one… That’s why I am hoping to see what other have and how they work.

Thanks for all the helps lads cleared things up for me :D

sx_turbo

Lifer
i have the same as you elaine.

i started tuning my car for handling originally, but found with my current setup that if i were to add anything else it would become way to stiff and start getting very twitchy.

as i said the backend sliding out has caught me out a couple of times already, so imo if i were to add any thing else the back end would become uncontrollable.

i will be adding an L.S.D to my setup but wont be able to comment on what affect it has because i will start having to run the car in and put it back together first etc etc etc bla bla bla.

i am just saying my experiance's,

elaine do you have a panhard rod?

Elaine

Lifer
lol Ricky anyone would think your not looking forward to getting your car back together :)

I dont have a panhard rod has when I was reading up on them ppl said they could not rely notice any real benefit from it…. So it has left my in 2 minds if I should get one. I don’t really like to waist money on things that just look good

sx_turbo

Lifer
Did you go for a helical LSD Ricky?

no mechanical trd one. helical was out of my price range so i will have to put up with a small ammount of clunking.

lol Ricky anyone would think your not looking forward to getting your car back together :)

I dont have a panhard rod has when I was reading up on them ppl said they could not rely notice any real benefit from it…. So it has left my in 2 minds if I should get one. I don’t really like to waist money on things that just look good

from experiance elaine get the RS*R one, (or the zep racing one from rhd japan but i havnt tried this one)

the whiteline one is rubbish dont bother with it.

but the rs*r one is much more solid and build qaulity is top notch and it comes with poly bushes and i noticed a difference.

also you will need it so you can get the wheel alignment perfect.

thats the biggest key to a good handling car, getting the wheel alignment done correctly

ChrisW

Lifer
no mechanical trd one. helical was out of my price range so i will have to put up with a small ammount of clunking.

Where did you end up getting it from and what did you pay if you dont mind me asking? Im in a similar position, getting the engine rebuilt so thought I may aswell do it while its out!

Elaine

Lifer
Ricky you know what I am going to ask you for now ;) link :D

Also I cant do much else til my top mounts arrive... any day now so I am told LMFAO

AdDaMan

Member +
you would defo need a panhard rod Elaine, as when the starlets are lowered the alignment goes out the window and gets pushed to one side. Defo reccomended.